Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Radio went silent (killed the battery), hasn't come back

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio went silent (killed the battery), hasn't come back

Looking for some help....Over the weekend we had a slo-pitch tournament and thought what better than to hook up my fifth wheel to my 2008 F150 and do some 'camping' for the day. I forgot to unhook the wiring from the fifth wheel and proceeded to kill my battery. I got a boost, let her idle for a bit and haven't had a problem with power since. However, once it was running, the radio hasn't come back. No power it seems at all. There's power to everything else, interior lights, cigarette lighter, windows, cruise control. Can't seem to figure out why just the battery would be out. Pulled the fuse and it's fine. (Fuse #7) Any ideas? I'm just going to pull the positive from the battery and start from scratch to see if that makes a difference. Thanks folks!

Steve
Old 06-27-2011, 01:27 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve76
Looking for some help....Over the weekend we had a slo-pitch tournament and thought what better than to hook up my fifth wheel to my 2008 F150 and do some 'camping' for the day. I forgot to unhook the wiring from the fifth wheel and proceeded to kill my battery. I got a boost, let her idle for a bit and haven't had a problem with power since. However, once it was running, the radio hasn't come back. No power it seems at all. There's power to everything else, interior lights, cigarette lighter, windows, cruise control. Can't seem to figure out why just the battery would be out. Pulled the fuse and it's fine. (Fuse #7) Any ideas? I'm just going to pull the positive from the battery and start from scratch to see if that makes a difference. Thanks folks!

Steve

I hope that it wasn't fried during the boost. They tell you to make sure that accesories are turned off but with the new radios used you can't tell if it is on or off before the boost. Is there anything on the display at all? That was a problem with GM cars. If the battery went real flat or if it needed to be change, you had to have the security code to re-activate the radio or it would not work.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:23 PM

Thanks for the reply, and glad to report problem solved. For future reference, not sure what it was exactly but it was one of two possible things that did it. I pulled the battery terminals and left it for approx. 30 minutes, and also did a 'google' search and found that pulling fuse #31 and simply putting back in can do the trick. (I previously pulled fuse #7 which had 'radio' beside it in the manual. Stopped there and didn't see that fuse #31 is 'radio power')Well did that, reconnected the terminals and glad to report that the radio promptly came back to life once I turned the key forward. If anything, hope this helps anyone else that runs into this down the road.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:57 PM

I have been searching for a week! Pulled #31, put it back in, now I have radio! Thankyou!!

Quick Reply: Radio went silent (killed the battery), hasn't come back