Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Radio turn off and on again when start truck (2006 F150 xlt)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Radio turn off and on again when start truck (2006 F150 xlt)

Hello,
I have a 2006 F150 XLT 2WD, and I have a small problem, each time I start my truck (turn on truck) the radio turn off and on again, same that happen when battery is disconnected and connected again, the 6 disc radio start initialization and clock start at 12:00. Also I noticed that the needle of RMP and speed meter move backward for few seconds and then move forward again, at first this happen just few times (~1 per week) but know it is very frequently (2 or 3 time per day) almost every time I start the truck. When I just put ignition everyting is ok, the problem happen when i start the truck, looks like voltage is cut for few time or something, some one had been seen this problem, or please advice what i could check to solve this problem.
Thanks in advance and hope you can help me.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:58 PM

I have a 2006 F150 XLT 4WD and I have the exact same problem. Does anyone else have any experience with this? I first thought was that I might need a new battery but the more I think about it the truck seems to crank up with ease.

Any help would be appreciated..

TxCzech
Old 10-13-2010, 09:50 AM

Nevermind.. Turns out that there was indeed some corrosion on the negative post. I removed the cable and cleaned it along with the post and reconnected it. When I cranked the engine the battery could barely turn it over. I ended up buying a new batter last night and that seems to have worked. Problem fixed.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Yep, low voltage from a weak battery, or dirty battery posts will cause this. Have the battery checked; clean the posts.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:05 PM

Thanks, I believe my baterry it is Ok, but your advice sound reasonable, I will check thebaterry and clean the terminals and I post results later.
Thanks
Old 10-25-2010, 10:32 AM

I checked the battery and the post were OK, but did not have enougth charge, and I found that the battery did not have enougth water (battery liquid), so I refill it and charged the battery and problem solved, I will monitor its performance, in case problem appear again probably it is time to buy need battery, but for know it is working ok, thanks to all for your comments.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:44 PM

Typically, according to BCI, low water levels do not cause a battery to lose power. It may just be near lifes end. However, it is not always necessary to buy a new on. I have reconditioned alot of my old batteries using the method described here:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4855050_reco...tery-home.html

Also, some battery chargers have a re-conditioning mode.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by HiOffcr
Typically, according to BCI, low water levels do not cause a battery to lose power. It may just be near lifes end. However, it is not always necessary to buy a new on. I have reconditioned alot of my old batteries using the method described here:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4855050_reco...tery-home.html

Also, some battery chargers have a re-conditioning mode.
At firts the battery works fine after I refill water level and charge, but then start with same problem again, so I buy new battery and know is working geat since then, but I keep the battery because looks like has enough voltage when I checked with volt-meter, so I will try to recondition it and shope I can use for other metters.

Thanks for your comments.

Quick Reply: Radio turn off and on again when start truck (2006 F150 xlt)