Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Radio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Radio Problem

I have a 2008 F150 XLT 60th anniversary addition.

When i push seek on the radio, it only finds one station, and sometimes it just perpetually seeks through the numbers like Im holding down the button.

I can use the up down arrows to manually tune to stations that I know are there and some are clear.

Some stations that I could pick up in my last F150 are fuzzy, is this a radio problem or is it on the antenna end?

Thanks!!
Old 11-20-2011, 01:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Aadwen
I have a 2008 F150 XLT 60th anniversary addition.

When i push seek on the radio, it only finds one station, and sometimes it just perpetually seeks through the numbers like Im holding down the button.

I can use the up down arrows to manually tune to stations that I know are there and some are clear.

Some stations that I could pick up in my last F150 are fuzzy, is this a radio problem or is it on the antenna end?

Thanks!!
I would check to make sure the antenna is Oliver in good at the back of the head unit first.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oliver in good?

Im assuming you mean to make sure the antenna is plugged into the back of the radio?

so pull the dash panel off and take out radio to check connections?
Old 11-20-2011, 05:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ya i would check the conections. I believe there is 2 conectoons one into the radio of course. Then i believe another connecting to the antenna. There was a thread on this like lady week by another member with similer problem.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

oliver in good?

Im assuming you mean to make sure the antenna is plugged into the back of the radio?

Yes; if that connection is good, then check the secondary connection behind the glove box (squeeze the sides of the glove box after opening to get it to drop down). If that is good, then carfully pry up the plastic trim piece on the antenna mast base, then remove the single screw to lift up the base and check its connection.

The 2008 uses a different connector to the back of the radio; it is refered to as the "chrysler" connection (used by them initially). There is a tiny wire that must slide into the center of the antenna connector that plugs into the radio. A dumb design IMO.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 11-20-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Lady=last****
Old 11-20-2011, 07:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oliver in good?

Sorry spell correct is really goofy sometimes.I should proofread before I hit send.......sorry.

Quick Reply: Radio Problem