Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Radio has no power

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio has no power

Hey all,

recently i was doing a little work on my truck (2008 4.2) i installed an intake system and cleaned the throttle body. in order to do this i first removed the negative on my battery. when the work was all said and done my radio had stopped working (no power on the clock, dials ect). i checked some fuses and they were all in good condition so i am not sure what the problem could be.

so does anybody know what could of caused this loss of power in my radio?

p.s driving with out any music really sucks
Old 02-21-2016, 03:47 PM

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by f150deluca
Hey all,

recently i was doing a little work on my truck (2008 4.2) i installed an intake system and cleaned the throttle body. in order to do this i first removed the negative on my battery. when the work was all said and done my radio had stopped working (no power on the clock, dials ect). i checked some fuses and they were all in good condition so i am not sure what the problem could be.

so does anybody know what could of caused this loss of power in my radio?

p.s driving with out any music really sucks
I'm going to suggest the obvious but does it have an on/off button? It actually took me a while to figure mine out because mine is always on but had a similar situation to you and had to figure it out. Sorry, that's all I got
Old 02-21-2016, 04:13 PM

Received 264 Likes on 214 Posts

Is it the stock radio or aftermarket? A lot of aftermarket radios have a fuse in the back of them as well?
Old 02-22-2016, 04:44 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Try pushing the left (round volume button) in; this is the "on/off" button as well as the volume adjust. Whenever the battery is disconnected for a while, the radio resets, and turns off. Your pre-sets most likely will have to be reprogrammed as well.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vintageman
Is it the stock radio or aftermarket? A lot of aftermarket radios have a fuse in the back of them as well?
it is the stock radio

Quick Reply: Radio has no power