Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

radio faceplate

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio faceplate

Hey all.
I have a 6 CD Audiophile head unit with a worn out and damaged face plate. I need a new one. Only problem is that the circuit board of my face plate looks like the one on the left with the wires but all I can find are one like the one on the right with just a single female connector . Anyone know where I can get a decent used or re manufactured faceplate with the two wires? There are no junk yards around here
Attached Thumbnails radio faceplate-20141113_132740.jpg   radio faceplate-radio.jpg  
Old 11-13-2014, 01:46 PM

Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

***Wrong one***

Last edited by Mulestang; 11-13-2014 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Wrong item
Old 11-13-2014, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mulestang
***Wrong one***
Whats the wrong one?
Old 11-13-2014, 01:55 PM

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

You could probably get a entire radio off of ebay.. i sold mine for 50 bucks a few months ago
Old 11-13-2014, 02:04 PM

Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by chip102
Whats the wrong one?
Sorry. I thought I had found a plate, but it was the wrong one. In my opinion, if you end up in a situation where you have to buy a used one off eBay, pass. In my mustang, I purchased and returned 2 before I gave up and went aftermarket. These style head units aren't the best quality, and you may end up buying someone elses problem. I sure did. I would go to eBay, find one of the big faceplate sellers, and message them to see if they have the faceplate you need. If that fails, I'd go aftermarket. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mulestang
Sorry. I thought I had found a plate, but it was the wrong one. In my opinion, if you end up in a situation where you have to buy a used one off eBay, pass. In my mustang, I purchased and returned 2 before I gave up and went aftermarket. These style head units aren't the best quality, and you may end up buying someone elses problem. I sure did. I would go to eBay, find one of the big faceplate sellers, and message them to see if they have the faceplate you need. If that fails, I'd go aftermarket. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks, I really don't like the look of aftermarket stuff. I was upgrading from the base audio to the Audiophile system because I was prewired. I bought the Head unit and all the speakers and tweeters and sub from a guy for just over a hundred because he went aftermarket. Only issue was the faceplate was all chewed up. I figured sweet deal because I found good condition faceplate on eBay for ~15-30 bucks. Didn't realize till today when all the stuff got delivered that the faceplate was completely different than the majority out there. Its strange because I have found faceplate with the two wires but they are only on the AM/FM base model radios, not the 6 cd MP3 head units
Old 11-13-2014, 02:15 PM

maybe ill just sell all my stuff and just get some nicer door speakers. Maybe the kicker speakers with the crossovers and tweeters. Dont really want to be bothered with aftermarket sub boxes and wiring and amps and head units
Old 11-13-2014, 02:25 PM

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by chip102
maybe ill just sell all my stuff and just get some nicer door speakers. Maybe the kicker speakers with the crossovers and tweeters. Dont really want to be bothered with aftermarket sub boxes and wiring and amps and head units
I still run factory door speakers. Ford have nice premium door speakers if you had the audiophile system. Turn the bass off on them, make them do the highs and your sub do the lows. Did the same in my expedition and sounds just fine. Heres my equalizer and i can go all the way to 40 and barely distort on 40. By then its so loud you can hear anyone. Its all in the tuning. Oh cant forget High Pass filter on 125Hz and loudness on high

radio faceplate-cmmkffz.jpg

Last edited by MHOWELL34; 11-13-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Quick Reply: radio faceplate