Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

QuickLIFT and level questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 09:50 PM

Received 224 Likes on 204 Posts
Default QuickLIFT and level questions

Outside of the fact that the Rancho QuickLIFTs have the nine settings, are they just a normal strut that has a level attached to the mount? If so, would it essentially be the same thing as adding performance shocks with a level? Also, are there performance coils that I could put over said performance shocks?
Old 09-02-2014, 09:01 PM

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

The quicklifts are a longer strut no blocks on top. They come with brand new springs all made up ready to install.
Springs are scary to remove from struts did it once for a car of mine and that was enough for me
Old 09-02-2014, 10:25 PM

Jaime,

Thanks. I'm looking for coilover leveling kits. I really like what I'm seeing from the Ranchos. I've been trying to find other coilover kits. So far I've seen ProComp, Fox 2.0 (which are as expensive as some full lifts), and I know about the Bilsteins. I've started a couple of threads regarding this, but haven't gotten many answers. And I've read in the aftermarket reviews section and it has answers and great info, but not quite what I'm looking for.

I just want to make sure that the Ranchos are the struts to go with. I won't be purchasing them for about another year or so, but it's never too early to start the research.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:16 AM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbcoach
Jaime,

Thanks. I'm looking for coilover leveling kits. I really like what I'm seeing from the Ranchos. I've been trying to find other coilover kits. So far I've seen ProComp, Fox 2.0 (which are as expensive as some full lifts), and I know about the Bilsteins. I've started a couple of threads regarding this, but haven't gotten many answers. And I've read in the aftermarket reviews section and it has answers and great info, but not quite what I'm looking for.

I just want to make sure that the Ranchos are the struts to go with. I won't be purchasing them for about another year or so, but it's never too early to start the research.
I just installed my rancho quick lifts in from and I like them. I recommend them, now I need to get the mud tired 😁
Old 09-03-2014, 09:46 PM

I also went with the Rancho quicklifts, I had a busted spring and 100k on the OEMs. Pretty common on these trucks.
I installed them in the driveway and had an alignment done afterwards
Old 09-05-2014, 01:50 PM

Where'd you guys get yours from? I'm trying to find the best deal. I've found a few deals from ebay where it's about $379.00 for both front struts. I've seen all 4 rancho shocks for $600 (QucikLIFTS for the front and 9000s in the rear). Like I said, I just don't want to break the bank.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:06 PM

Well with the Shocktober rebate Buy 3 get one free. It was the cheapest to get the fronts from Rock Auto and the rears from Advance using coupons and the rebate was for full price of one rear
Old 09-10-2014, 12:21 PM

What do you guys know about the Pro Comp Runner SS? I've been looking into them and I've seen people who have had Bilstein's and they said the Pro Comp is similar, but isn't as stiff of a ride. I also noticed that it's about $70-100 cheaper than the Ranchos. I've got about 84k on my OEMs and I'm worried they might crap out on me soon.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:14 AM
Uberhater,Troll,Whatever

Received 110 Likes on 49 Posts

You are wise to research well in advance of your purchase.

In the "reasonable price" category, it seems that most folks get either the Rancho QLs or the Bilstein adjustable height fronts, when going for a level & replacement at the same time.

I bought the Ranchos partly because I already had them on the back (and like the ride adjustability). I also wanted to raise the front end and replace the front springs.

It would be great if there was a "Ranchstein" available...with both adjustable height AND adjustable firmness. It seems so obvious, but no one offers them in a "my world" price range.

Last edited by 60DRB; 09-14-2014 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by 60DRB
You are wise to research well in advance of your purchase. In the "reasonable price" category, it seems that most folks get either the Rancho QLs or the Bilstien adjustable height fronts, when going for a level & replacement at the same time. I bought the Ranchos partly because I already had them on the back (and like the ride adjustability). I also wanted to raise the front end and replace the front springs. It would be great if there was a "Ranchstien" available...with both adjustable height AND adjustable firmness. It seems so obvious, but no one offers them in a "my world" price range.
Completely agree. I really like the idea of the QLs. The ride adjustability is huge. Everyone I've spoken to said that it's far superior.

Quick Reply: QuickLIFT and level questions