Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Quick question about Edge Evo

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 08:32 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Quick question about Edge Evo

I am possibly buying a used Edge Evo today (yay!). I have been searching the forum but I still have a couple of questions, I'm hoping you guys might be able to get back to me before I meet the seller.

The seller assures me that it is not VIN locked but it is no longer in the vehicle so I can't see it for myself. Can I just plug it in to my truck to see that it is in working condition and that it is set to level 0?

I see references to older versions of the Evo that the fusion software does not work with, I believe the version number starts with E3. Is the version displayed anywhere on the unit itself? Should I be looking for a minimum version number?

Anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-06-2014, 08:37 AM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by fatedstranger
I am possibly buying a used Edge Evo today (yay!). I have been searching the forum but I still have a couple of questions, I'm hoping you guys might be able to get back to me before I meet the seller.

The seller assures me that it is not VIN locked but it is no longer in the vehicle so I can't see it for myself. Can I just plug it in to my truck to see that it is in working condition and that it is set to level 0?

I see references to older versions of the Evo that the fusion software does not work with, I believe the version number starts with E3. Is the version displayed anywhere on the unit itself? Should I be looking for a minimum version number?

Anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance!
Hi.

Yes - in the absence of a pic to show the Level 0 setting, you can plug it into an OBDII port to power it up and display the level.

Hardware Version info is available both on the sticker on the unit, and on the info screen (refer to the manual, available on the Edge site for download).

good luck
MGD
Old 05-06-2014, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by MGD
Hi.

Yes - in the absence of a pic to show the Level 0 setting, you can plug it into an OBDII port to power it up and display the level.

Hardware Version info is available both on the sticker on the unit, and on the info screen (refer to the manual, available on the Edge site for download).

good luck
MGD
Thanks [MENTION=171624]MGD[/MENTION]. I can't find much about the different versions available. Any idea if there are good or bad versions that I should be aware of?
Old 05-06-2014, 02:18 PM

I met the seller and we plugged it in to my truck and I was able to verify functionality and see that it was not VIN locked. Also downloaded Fusion and was able to update without any issues
Old 05-06-2014, 02:20 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by fatedstranger
Thanks [MENTION=171624]MGD[/MENTION]. I can't find much about the different versions available. Any idea if there are good or bad versions that I should be aware of?
Hi.

Let's try another tack.

If it isn't an E3-rev Evo (15051), a CS (85150), or a CTS (85250), consider it to be undesirable to purchase.

Further - ONLY the 15051 model can be custom-tuned by PHP (using PHP's Pegasus software).

How's that work fer yall?

Best of luck!

MGD
The following users liked this post:
fatedstranger (05-07-2014)

Quick Reply: Quick question about Edge Evo