Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

questions questions questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions questions questions

hi,
just signed up and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction on somethings....
first off, i just bought a 2008 fx4 super crew with 200 miles on it and it came with a dealer installed and warrantied 6" pro comp lift and 35" bfg and moto metal rims. they wanted $47000 and i got it out the door for $31000 so i think i did pretty well for myself.
the questions i have are in regards to the parts i want to put on it next... i want either a flowmaster or magnaflow split dual exhaust that is stainless, (which is better?) and programmer (which is better?) and an intake (which is better?) and a bed cover.
in addition where can i get all these from? i have looked around and i can not find a site that has many or any parts for the 08 model?!
any help would be greatly helpful!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:37 AM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome bud and grats on the truck. Sounds like you got a good deal. Suggest you do a search within this forum for your above questions, there are many many threads discussing pro's and con's of exhaust setups, tuners and cai. :-)
Have fun researching fun go fast mods!
Old 12-03-2008, 10:46 AM
FireMedic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great sounding truck all three items you are looking for are actually discussed in the Aftermarket products, reviews, and install page right at the top. There is some questionable advice like K&N intakes rank top of intakes but it's because their cheap not the best you can get so read thoroughly you'll figure out who knows what their talking about.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont have a programmer yet so I cannot comment on that. For exhaust go to youtube and watch videos of fords with different setups and see which one you like best. The most popular are probably Flowmaster, magnaflow, aero , and borla. I got my magnaflow about two weeks ago and love the sound of it, plus its a flow-through design, unlike flowmaster which is chambered. Which ever way you go doesnt really matter a lot becuase you are not going to see a huge performance difference or hp gain so go with what sounds best to you, theres literally hundreds of ways to do your exhaust. I got my Volant CAI today and will be installing it tonight, from a lot of other posts is why I went with that one. Ive also heard a lot of bad things about k&n Cai's so i would probably stay away from thoise but it comes down to personal preference and what you can get a good deal on because the hp and performance difference between them is probably not enough to notice.

Quick Reply: questions questions questions