Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Question On ECM's

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 11:30 AM

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Question On ECM's

My ECM has started acting up over the last few months. Odd ball starts sometimes rough idol sometime great sometimes great power sometimes not. Depends on when I start the car. I start it once its like new. I shut it down and start it again it is like I have a Junker. Most recently it stopped reading the AC unit ground to the relay. Now then I am going to get a good used ECM of my part Number which is 4L3A-12A650-AEE. its a 2004 F150 FX4. Now then I have read when they Flash the computer all of the new upgrades to the system are applied. Is this correct? Also will I have to have my keys reprogrammed? what about door code? Just wondering here. Locally I can have my new computer flashed for 100 Bucks. Seems like the standard. I have seen different prices for different deals . If I have to have keys programmed how the hell do I get it to the key guy if it won't start?
Old 06-27-2016, 02:26 PM

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ceasefire49
My ECM has started acting up over the last few months. Odd ball starts sometimes rough idol sometime great sometimes great power sometimes not. Depends on when I start the car. I start it once its like new. I shut it down and start it again it is like I have a Junker. Most recently it stopped reading the AC unit ground to the relay. Now then I am going to get a good used ECM of my part Number which is 4L3A-12A650-AEE. its a 2004 F150 FX4. Now then I have read when they Flash the computer all of the new upgrades to the system are applied. Is this correct? Also will I have to have my keys reprogrammed? what about door code? Just wondering here. Locally I can have my new computer flashed for 100 Bucks. Seems like the standard. I have seen different prices for different deals . If I have to have keys programmed how the hell do I get it to the key guy if it won't start?
anybod

Quick Reply: Question On ECM's