Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Question/Advise

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question/Advise

I was just wondering if any of you out there are using one of those plug in type power gain systems? Do you like it? I saw one that claims to add up to 25hp and 50ftlb for around $400. I've never used one of these but for an intake (airaid) that would cost around $300 and claims 12-15hp I thought this would be a good way to get some easy HP's and more for the money. My friend put an airaid kit on his 06 with with same motor as mine and it didn't really have much of a difference next to my stock setup other than throttle response I have an 06 with the 5.4l ffv motor. Thanks for your input.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 06chromed
I was just wondering if any of you out there are using one of those plug in type power gain systems? Do you like it? I saw one that claims to add up to 25hp and 50ftlb for around $400. I've never used one of these but for an intake (airaid) that would cost around $300 and claims 12-15hp I thought this would be a good way to get some easy HP's and more for the money. My friend put an airaid kit on his 06 with with same motor as mine and it didn't really have much of a difference next to my stock setup other than throttle response I have an 06 with the 5.4l ffv motor. Thanks for your input.
Are you talking about a tuner or what?
Old 02-13-2009, 12:48 PM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

A CAI ( cold air intake ) plus a good tuner ( SCT, Predator, there's a ton of them ) mated to a exhause and you will see a noticable difference, esp in throttle response. And then the list goes from on from there, pulleys, thottle body, gears, supercharger. Once you got the mod bug bite, there's no going back....lol
Old 02-13-2009, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am talking about a programmer. To be more precise I was looking at the Edge Products Evolution Programmer. I was wondering if anyone has used these types of programmers. Pro's Con's? I bought my truck new in 06 and it's still stock so I'm looking for some mild mods for now. Sogwap55/Sincityfx4 thanks for the reply.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

visit powerhungryperformance.com
Old 02-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 06chromed
I am talking about a programmer. To be more precise I was looking at the Edge Products Evolution Programmer. I was wondering if anyone has used these types of programmers. Pro's Con's? I bought my truck new in 06 and it's still stock so I'm looking for some mild mods for now. Sogwap55/Sincityfx4 thanks for the reply.
Well see my sticky in the Aftermarket section as for going with a canned device vs a custom one. It is really not a good investment.

Originally Posted by rollingthunder

^^yup. Check these guys out if the route you want tot take is the edge. Thier version is much improved.