Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Question about door handles.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 11:55 AM

Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

Default Question about door handles.

On my 08 Limited, I have chrome door handles (pockets are body color). I'm not a big fan of chrome, and would like for the handles to be body color. Rather than remove the handles and have them painted, could I buy a set of peel and stick covers, paint them, and cover the chrome handles? By concern is that the factory chrome handles are, themselves, covers already. I can't really tell, not having seen covers over factory handles. I've also considered covering the chrome handles with color-correct vinyl, but I'm not sure if you can source White Sand vinyl. Any insight, or better ideas, would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:54 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I tried to paint some chrome handles for my truck with the oxford white duplicolor "matching" paint and it was not even close to my oxford white. I'm not sure how far off the duplicolor would be for your truck though. As for vinyl, it's freaking hard to color match vinyl without going to a place that sells thousands of colors to try and match it. Personally I gave up on ptm door handles....for now at least

Quick Reply: Question about door handles.