Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Question about buying a supercharged F150 Screw lariat

Old 12-11-2010, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about buying a supercharged F150 Screw lariat

I found this truck, and he says that it is a Ati centrifugal procharger, and said that he bought it for 26k. Does that sound right? He said he has over 70k into the truck including the truck its self. Here is what he says he has in it.

one owner non smoker. ati pro charger, roughly 500 rear wheel horsepower. built 5.4l motor. forged rods pistons head studs etc etc.. gibson headers, high flow cats. $$$$$$$$$invested. alpine dvd/nav touchscreen head unit. three alpine pdx amplifiers, custom sub enclosure under rear seat houses one 8" kicker l7 solo baric and two 9" (yes 9") morel woofers. (the morels are not subs, they are mid bass woofers) two pairs of 5x7 components, JL zr 570 ($800 a pair) factory 20" wheels, with nitto terra grappler tires.. also includes factory pirellis (unmounted), about 50% tread

Does 26k for a supercharger sound right? What should I be nervous about when buying a supercharged truck?
Old 12-11-2010, 03:09 AM

I know your looking for more info about the supercharger but some more info about the truck might also help. Such as year, how it was maintained, etc..... and a picture if you have one available. I know there are some people on here with superchargers that can give you a better idea about that part but it would probably help them also.

I don't know crap about superchargers though and it sounds pretty bad with the description you gave. Good Luck

Last edited by 08Screw; 12-11-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ask for a dyno graph to prove hp or a vid of it on the dyno. if he just through the kit on and "tuned" it himself the motor could be beat to hell. most people who take the time/money to build a motor and sc it could tell you the exact hp and not 500ish
Old 12-11-2010, 04:33 AM
jason's150

Originally Posted by luckythirteen13
ask for a dyno graph to prove hp or a vid of it on the dyno. if he just through the kit on and "tuned" it himself the motor could be beat to hell. most people who take the time/money to build a motor and sc it could tell you the exact hp and not 500ish

I agree. He may have payed 26000 for the sc and truck, highly unlikey for just the sc. There is some guys on another forum that have done budget builds for $2500-3000
Old 12-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Mustang Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A procharger (ATI) costs about $6K for the higher end kits. Maybe he spent $26K to buy it and have it installed with all of the supporting engine mods at the same time in order to make more boost than the stock internals are capable of handling, but even then $26K is pretty steep unless this is an 800+hp truck we're talking about.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:16 AM
12 Second Truck

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by baseballfan5566
I found this truck, and he says that it is a Ati centrifugal procharger, and said that he bought it for 26k. Does that sound right? He said he has over 70k into the truck including the truck its self. Here is what he says he has in it.

one owner non smoker. ati pro charger, roughly 500 rear wheel horsepower. built 5.4l motor. forged rods pistons head studs etc etc.. gibson headers, high flow cats. $$$$$$$$$invested. alpine dvd/nav touchscreen head unit. three alpine pdx amplifiers, custom sub enclosure under rear seat houses one 8" kicker l7 solo baric and two 9" (yes 9") morel woofers. (the morels are not subs, they are mid bass woofers) two pairs of 5x7 components, JL zr 570 ($800 a pair) factory 20" wheels, with nitto terra grappler tires.. also includes factory pirellis (unmounted), about 50% tread
Does 26k for a supercharger sound right? What should I be nervous about when buying a supercharged truck?

What should you be nervous about? Here is a short list of things to ask about.

The tranny and converter. Hands down. 500rwhp would roast the stock tranny and converter in a short time not to mention twist the driveshaft up like a beer can. The stock driveshafts typically get wrecked when you hit them with good traction and 450+ftlbs of torque. A 500rwhp motor is easily in the 550ftlbs of torque range. So find out what tranny he has and who built it as well as the converter and driveshaft.

Keep in mind it would take 12psi and head or cam work to get to 500rwhp. Or it would need 14-16psi of boost with stock heads and cams. So get the info. What boost level? Head work? Cams?

Exhaust. Longtubes or shorties? With high boost levels the shorties can't get the heat away from the motor fast enough. Our stock exhaust valves can withstand about 1500-1600 degrees. A 1/4 mile run on 8-10lbs of boost can easily make the exhaust valves see these temps. What size tubing and mufflers does he have? If the exhaust isn't right the motor could be suffering and on its way out.

Fuel system? To support that power level you would need 60lb injectors twin 255lph pumps which require a fuel hat. The fuel hat to fit this truck is only made by Fore Precision and can only be purchased through Mike Troyer. Anything else would be a rigged up system. He should have plenty of details on this as the fuel system itself would run $1500 bucks including the injectors.

Who tuned it? That would be the biggest quetion of all. There are 100's "tooners" out there who can make the trucks run seemingly well but they will live short lives. Getting the AF right is only scratching the surface. There are thousands of parameters that require adjustment and most "tooners" are clueless with respect to this. There are only 4-5 tuners that can actually tune these trucks to last. As already stated get the dyno graph or vid. If he dosen't have one hang up and move on. If the truck was never dyno tuned than its a ticking time bomb.

If he really has 70k invested in it then he will have tons of documentation to make you feel safe about the purchase. Just to give you an idea about what a Procharger can do here is an article I think you'll enjoy. Get back to us on this. It may be one hell of a find! Good luck.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...kit/index.html
Old 12-11-2010, 11:58 AM

Thanks for the reply guys, it is actually on ebay, here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_546wt_1165

Here is some stuff he said

19200. I have over 26000 in receipts just for the motor and
supercharger work.. That doesn't count the cost of the
stereo.. 6000 or so on that.. I'm losing tons of money selling
this truck... And it is in excellent shape.

No, it's aftermarket. Ati centrifugal procharger.. 26000 doesnt
include the purchase price of the truck.. I bought it brand
new.. I have well over 26000 into the truck.. Total $ I have
into it including work I've had done and the cost of the truck is
well over $70000. Thanks..

A local race shop.. Like I say, I have all the receipts.. The
truck doesn't require any more maintenance, but yes when
you have a 500 hp motor under the hood, things wear out
quicker.. For example, a transmission might last 120000 miles
with a stock truck, with a 500hp motor it could only last
100000... It's the nature of things.. The only additional
maintenance would be that the supercharger unit itself needs
it's oil changed every 6000 miles.. Thanks
Old 12-11-2010, 12:07 PM
grease monkey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like hes pretty much telling you that bitch is gonna blow
Old 12-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Offshore Poster

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would absolutely never buy a used FI F150. Sounds badass, IS badass if you S/C it yourself because then you know what parts are going in to it, what shop tunes it, and you're the driver. I guarantee you this guy beat the **** out of this thing, since generally thats what you threw a S/C on there to do....GO FAST, and make youtube vids of you doing burn outs. He def does NOT have 70K invested in it...sorry just doesnt add up.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:18 PM

Yeah I don't believe it either..sounds like a joke to me

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question about buying a supercharged F150 Screw lariat