Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

PVC Valve for 2005 5.4L V8

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default PVC Valve for 2005 5.4L V8

OK fellas, I've seen a couple of posts about this issue (replacing the PVC valve) and either you have given up or you found your own way to do it. I have a 2005 F-150 5.4L V8. I have been to every place except the dealer to get one and no one has the right one or it is NA in the computer. I know the Haynes manual says that it needs to be replaced every 48 months or 60,000 miles, but I need the specifics. Where to find it and the approx cost. I know by now someone has done it themselves. (Surely you don't just pay the dealer without checking it out)

I know there is one, I can take it off and check it out. I know where it is located and I need some good answers. Tell me where you got it and how you replaced it.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:31 PM

Default PVC Valve

Just checking today to see if anyone has any answers.

Last edited by bronsonsapp; 01-20-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:19 AM

Default See if there were any new answers today.

Does anyone have any info?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I can say I went to every Auto parts store in my state and no one carried them. "Advance" "Auto Zone" and quite a few local stores. I ended up having to go to the dealer. I even checked all over the internet, nothing. Broke down and went to the dealer. I think I paid $20.00.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:57 AM

Default Thanks for the info

I'm going to pick one up today from Billingsly Ford here in OK, I will post again and let everyone know what I find.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Something

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up pcv valve

The PCV valve on a 5.4 3V f150 are permanent (at least my 2005 model is and I think it is the same for all 2004-2009 5.4 3V models). You do not need to replace them, the Hayes manual is wrong. You are supposed to inspect the valve every 150,000 miles to make sure it is not plugged, but other than that, let it sit. It is heated, which I believe prevents it from clogging with crap, instead it just pushes all that junk back through into your throttle body. You can replace them if you want with the part only at dealerships, but you definitely do not need or should replace a good part.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:35 AM

Default Finally an Answer

Well come to find out, like many others have said, the PVC valve is attached to the valve cover. It is changed when a new cover is installed. I guess that finishes the hunt. If you went to a dealer to get a new one, please give me their number and I would like to find out what they are selling, if not, you paid them to do something that couldn't have been done, and they took your money.

But if I am wrong, just send me your dealers number and I will get the part ordered. For $20.00, it would be worth the money to debunc this question!!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bronsonsapp
Well come to find out, like many others have said, the PVC valve is attached to the valve cover. It is changed when a new cover is installed. I guess that finishes the hunt. If you went to a dealer to get a new one, please give me their number and I would like to find out what they are selling, if not, you paid them to do something that couldn't have been done, and they took your money.

But if I am wrong, just send me your dealers number and I will get the part ordered. For $20.00, it would be worth the money to debunc this question!!
You have the 5.4 liter correct? I have the 4.6 liter and never owned a 5.4 so not sure on the setup. On mine the pcv resides on the passenger side valve cover and it's threaded. Basically you unscrew the old one and screw the new one in, did it myself 10 minute job.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:25 PM
KR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, im having a leak problem somewhere within my engine. The PCV valve in the 2004-2005 (havent check 2006-2008, but i guess are the same) is located on the driver side valve cover. It is built in together and you have to replace the entire valve cover for 180 bucks. I thought to that my PCV valve was bad, but its not. If i were you take the hose off using the green tabs and inspect your hose. Mine has a crack in the elbow and the part is 40ish bucks depending if your dealer ship charges for shipping. This should fix your problem if your having any. The hose needs to be inspected every 48 months if u live in cold/ super hot places. If you got any questions about the PCV valve or system ill help you out since i wasted about 4 weeks looking for how to replace the PCV valve.
The following users liked this post:
Zeus Supercrew (01-24-2013)
Old 09-26-2016, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you tell by inspecting the hose if you need to replace the PCV valve. If the hose is not cracked what will it look like inside if the PCV valve is working ? if I understand how it works there should be oil in it ( thats why truck is burning oil) . Thanks

Quick Reply: PVC Valve for 2005 5.4L V8