Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Put On BrakeMotives

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 10:58 AM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Put On BrakeMotives

So I picked up a set of BrakeMotive's slotted/drilled rotors and ceramic pads and spent an evening getting everything installed. My old OE gear wasn't necessarily in need of replacement, but one of my rotors did have a pretty bad high spot in it and I figured I was going to have to do it sooner or later, so I went ahead and replaced everything.

Did the initial break-in in a parking lot and drove it home. I can honestly say the brakes feel much better and the stopping power of the brakes feels like it has increased about 5-10% over the old OE gear. Just enough to make the pedal feel much better and give more feedback and increase confidence in stopping power.

If I ever need brakes again, I would definitely go this route a second time. All the parts came well-packaged. Even the poor handling that was bad enough to rip open one of the boxes wasn't enough to damage anything. The kit came as described and everything installed smoothly without need for modification. Probably the hardest part was moving the box which weighed about 120 pounds.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221007045808?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 08-20-2014, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 installed the same kit a couple of months back. Huge difference. Definitely recommend. My hardest part was removing the rear rotors. They were seized on and ended up taking to a shop to complete the install.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:08 PM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Mine were pretty well seized. We used the pry bar that comes with the truck (it's one of the three pieces that come with the jack) and a hammer with one of us prying on the disc (using the caliper as leverage) as the other person hit it with the hammer to break it free.

We also learned the hard way that the emergency brake is a drum brake inside the rear discs, so we fought against that needlessly for about thirty minutes before we decided to try with the brake off out of just dumb luck. So definitely keep in mind that the rear discs aren't going anywhere with the emergency brake on.

Quick Reply: Put On BrakeMotives