Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Projector Halo Headlights/ HID Kits...Im LOST!

Old 11-13-2010, 06:22 PM
LvnMyFord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Projector Halo Headlights/ HID Kits...Im LOST!

Extremely confused on not only what comes with projector halo headlights as far as, do I have to use my stock headlights in them? Are they going to be dull and not have enough output, so then I will have to buy an HID Kit as well? They seem kind of on the expensive side to have to also add the HID Kit? I basically need to know if the projector halo healights are a waste of money and whether or not I have to buy bulbs to go in them? Thanks
Old 11-13-2010, 06:28 PM

personally i think they are a waste.i bought a cheap set off ebay and could not see ****.really it may depend on what brand you get.its prob one of those things where you get what you pay for.i went back to my stock with an hid kit and im completely happy
Old 11-13-2010, 06:39 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

The lights suck when it comes to illuminating the road. I bought some for my Frontier and I couldn't see anything at night. The issue is this, though you can put HID lights in, the projectors are not meant for HIDs so the lens and projector housing don't do the job in directing the light properly. I ended up opening up the headlights and taking out the projector and replacing it with some BMW HID projectors. It was quite a process to do and you can read about it on HIDplanet if you want.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:39 PM
LvnMyFord

Smile

Okay exactly and that's what i've been hearing. As far an HID Kit if I was to keep my stocks and get like an 8000K kit I think I would like the tint but im not sure, what kit did you get and was it a lot of work?
Old 11-13-2010, 06:41 PM

I was considering putting a HID kit on, but I decided to go with some projector headlights and use xenon bulbs rather than the regular halogen ones.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:45 PM

i bought my hids also on ebay they are 8000k and love them did the fogs also and it was all plug and play took minutes to swap out bulbs and mount the ballast
Old 11-13-2010, 06:54 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

If you want good lighting stick to 4300K to 6000K and no more... The higher the number, the worse the lighting. The number is not an indication of how powerful the light is but rather it's an indication of how much more blue the light output is.

4300K is white light and in my opinion the best.
6000K is purplish
8000K+ is blue and worse lighting for the road, you can't see shiz at night.

The reason why luxury cars seem to have blue or purple lights when you see them at night is because of the projectors, they make it seem as if the light output is blue or purple but when you're driving behind the wheel the light is actually white light. My wife's Audi and our old Lexus SUV had 4300K HID bulbs.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:59 PM

i see great with my 8000k and they are just the blue color i was looking for.so as for not seeing shiz i can see alot of shiz.i get bright lighted alot cause they arereally bright
Old 11-14-2010, 02:11 PM
LvnMyFord

Okay what I was thinking was to do the Blue Dual Halo rings with the Super white HID's? So the actual headlights are really bright but the halos will cosmetically look good?
Old 11-14-2010, 06:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LUVmyDUX
If you want good lighting stick to 4300K to 6000K and no more... The higher the number, the worse the lighting. The number is not an indication of how powerful the light is but rather it's an indication of how much more blue the light output is.

4300K is white light and in my opinion the best.
6000K is purplish
8000K+ is blue and worse lighting for the road, you can't see shiz at night.

The reason why luxury cars seem to have blue or purple lights when you see them at night is because of the projectors, they make it seem as if the light output is blue or purple but when you're driving behind the wheel the light is actually white light. My wife's Audi and our old Lexus SUV had 4300K HID bulbs.

Thats a little off. Diffenet brands different lights but most are similar.

5000k: white very bright
6000k: still very white tiny amnt. of blue. No purple at all.. what i have now
8000k: more blue had before.
10000k and up mosty color blue to purple and less bright.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Projector Halo Headlights/ HID Kits...Im LOST!