Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Project Ebay Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 08:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Project Ebay Headlights

I bought some ebay headlights a few months back and ever since i bought them i didn't like the halos because they were so dim. So i decided to replace them. One guy in town has a tiburon that has blue halos and i decided to get RGB halos to replace my dim ones. The first step was to take the clear lense off. after trying to use a heatgun i decided to take to the forums and try the oven after a couple minutes in there i took them out because the lense started to melt . I then looked online and found that someone cut theirs off then reglued afterwards. So i went and got my Dremel tool and a ton of the disc cutters and went to cut the lense off. I was finally able to get the lense off after only cracking it once. I did get it off but in the process i also scratched to black paint inside. Im wanting to get your opinion and decide wheather to paint to match my truck or repaint to the matte black color as before?
Sorry some of the pictures suck, i used my phone.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:48 PM

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

Not a fan of halos as I've disabled them on my truck, but those definitely look cool. I'd stick with the matte finish.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:01 PM

Received 72 Likes on 67 Posts

Been looking for some of these, curious as to what they look like with a shroud over them.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:11 PM

Received 151 Likes on 108 Posts

I can agree that ebay headlights with the LED halos aren't up to par. CCFL's would have lit up better, but you're fixing it yourself, so that's good.

If you have the ability to PTM the housing, why not? If it'll look better, might as well do it now since you have them opened up.

Be careful with red lights in front of your vehicle. I know here in Texas it's illegal to have any red lights emitted from the front of the vehicle.
Good luck, and keep us posted!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by sdatrlp23
I can agree that ebay headlights with the LED halos aren't up to par. CCFL's would have lit up better, but you're fixing it yourself, so that's good.

If you have the ability to PTM the housing, why not? If it'll look better, might as well do it now since you have them opened up.

Be careful with red lights in front of your vehicle. I know here in Texas it's illegal to have any red lights emitted from the front of the vehicle.
Good luck, and keep us posted!
Yeah it's also illegal here in Oklahoma but I'm not gonna have them running while driving just while I'm sitting
Old 06-10-2013, 11:07 PM

So I decided since I had the opportunity to paint match and in my opinion it looks great

Quick Reply: Project Ebay Headlights