Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Programmer Question??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Programmer Question??

Are any of you familiar with Superchips Flash Paq Tuner Ford, I was up at the Ford dealer earlier and several of them were talking about and how great it was and the power/performance received from this. I was looking on this site http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com...tID=1003&vlink= and reading about it.

So......will you guys provide me with some feedback on using this, recommendations??

I want to be able to set it back the factory settings in the case of needing to take it in to the dealer. If you guys do not recommend this one, what is the best route to go?

I have a 2007 F150 Crew Cab 4x4 with the 4.6, if I had it to do all over again I would go with the 5.4, but you live and learn.

All feedback is greatly appreciated in advance!!

Thanks!!

Last edited by ryanh_johnson; 01-08-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what i hear the edge evo is probaly one of the better ones available
Old 01-08-2008, 06:49 PM

I am new to modding Ford trucks but from what I have gathered the tuning from Troyer's is the way to go. Try the search and you should be able to read up on it. That's the way I think I am going to go. Good luck.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by abervintageman42
from what i hear the edge evo is probaly one of the better ones available
edge has issues from what i have read....

sct x3 or livewire (like me) ftw
Old 01-08-2008, 10:51 PM

Is this the sct xcal3 you guys are talking about http://www.sctflash.com/product_SF3.php??

Just trying to make sure we are all on the same page, I'm mechanical minded but the programming for vehicles is all new to me. If it were a regular computer it would be a different story, I could program it in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the feedback thus far!!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanh_johnson
Is this the sct xcal3 you guys are talking about http://www.sctflash.com/product_SF3.php??

Just trying to make sure we are all on the same page, I'm mechanical minded but the programming for vehicles is all new to me. If it were a regular computer it would be a different story, I could program it in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the feedback thus far!!

yes, thats the x3 that every one is talking about. thats the one i have. just put the 91 octane tune it and love it. cant wait for my custom tunes from troyer get emailed to me
Old 01-09-2008, 01:58 AM

luckythirteen13 would you mind explaining what happens when you order an x3 tuner? I mean does Troyer send you a unit with some stock tunes that you can run on until he emails new ones? Then do you download them into the hand held from a computer then into your truck? Sorry for so many questions just trying to decide on which unit I will be going with. Thanks, John
Old 01-09-2008, 02:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

depends if they need the strategy code from your computer. if they need the code, they will send you the x3 first with the sct canned tunes in it. then you use the tuner to read your trucks code then you send that code to them and they email you custom tunes. in other cases, if they dont need your strategy code, they send you the x3 with the canned tunes and the custom tunes already in it. if you have your tunes emailed to you, you load them into your computer and then into the tuner and then into the truck.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:35 AM

Thanks I will give them a call and see what they say.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:01 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanh_johnson
Are any of you familiar with Superchips Flash Paq Tuner Ford, I was up at the Ford dealer earlier and several of them were talking about and how great it was and the power/performance received from this. I was looking on this site http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com...tID=1003&vlink= and reading about it.

So......will you guys provide me with some feedback on using this, recommendations??

I want to be able to set it back the factory settings in the case of needing to take it in to the dealer. If you guys do not recommend this one, what is the best route to go?

I have a 2007 F150 Crew Cab 4x4 with the 4.6, if I had it to do all over again I would go with the 5.4, but you live and learn.

All feedback is greatly appreciated in advance!!

Thanks!!
i have an 06 f150 supercrew with the 4.6 v8 and i have superchip programer and i love it other then the gear swap its the best mod i got for my truck

Quick Reply: Programmer Question??