Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

ProComp 6 " Lift - EMERGENCY HELP NEEDED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProComp 6 " Lift - EMERGENCY HELP NEEDED!!!

Hey there,

Anybody know how to solve this problem?

My 06 Lariat is currently on the hoist and undergoing a 6 inch suspension lift from ProComp. The issue is that the front brake lines do not reach no matter what we've tried. What are we doing wrong???

Please submit your advice ASAP as I need to have this truck off the hoist right away!!!

THANK YOU!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

did you not get longer ones? have you tried re-routing them? there should be brake line drop brackets with that kit. if they are not there, go to a good part store and get some russell lines, but be prepared to drop around 125 bucks for stainless ones

right off the instructions....

Last edited by ATOM; 06-27-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:23 PM

Thanks for the advice - the brake line extensions were NOT sent with the rest of the gear. Ill be calling ProComp tomorrow to get some sent out ASAP.

This entire project has been a hassle because of missing parts from ProComp so far. Would you believe that this job was already delayed two weeks initially because ProComp sent me 3 of the tires I ordered and one completely wrong tire? WTF?? How hard is it to make sure that all of the pieces are there before shipping the puzzle?

This company should be called "InComp" not ProComp.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:44 PM

you can't blame procomp for idiots...i personally won't run procomp stuff, but besides that i see alot of guys with it and have good luck....not to be a dink, but whenever you get a lift, the 1st thing you do is inventory the whole kit, but i'm sure next time you will do that 1st......when i got my rancho fedex bent my subframe, imagine tearing down a truck that just hit 5k miles on the speedo and the damn subframe don't fit, talk about wanting to cry out loud...

if it was me, i'd just call and bitch and go to the parts store and buy longer lines, do it right, not the cheap way out...i am running russell lines with my kit, way better look and better performance.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:45 PM

Yeah, you can't blame procomp. I've run into the same problem with jcwhitney, summit, and comp cams. Always inventory.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:57 PM

yeah and if you tell them you needed them yesterday, they usually will overnight..whne i had the issue with my rancho subframe, they overnighted me a new subframe from california, the bill was over 400 bucks just for shipping, they payed for it all...awesome company to work with
Old 06-29-2009, 09:54 AM

I hope you guys are right and they do "over-night" it to my place... I dont havemuch faith considering the hassle over my tire though. Who knows, maybe they'll prove me wrong!!! Keeping my fingers crossed.

AGREED that I should have inventoried the entire box before starting - which we did. The parts in question were supposed to be included in a bag that contained many other parts. The other ones were there and the bag was labeled correctly but I didnt actually count every piece that came. (Just checked to make sure the bag numbers were all there.) Once we discovered this we decided to fo ahead with the rest of the job anyway because I wasnt going to miss another lift appointment.

As it stands the truck is sitting in the parking lot with calipers wired to the frame... Looks awesome, but I cant wait to drive it!! Phoning 4wheelonline and ProComp right away and will keep you updated...
Old 06-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Mark

Received 2,412 Likes on 2,113 Posts

Should of bought a FABTECH.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:07 AM

hahaha - you may be right but we're talking a substantial price difference...
Old 06-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Mark

Received 2,412 Likes on 2,113 Posts

it will be about the same after you buy everything else you need.

Quick Reply: ProComp 6 " Lift - EMERGENCY HELP NEEDED!!!