Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

problems after installing led dome light

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems after installing led dome light

hey guys, I am brand new on here and have question about led dome light. (sorry if already mentioned in another thread) I have 06 fx4 screw and purchased the replacement led's for map lights and dome from vled's after reading others post. well after replacing old bulb with a 6k 4 led festoon dome light my key fob doesnt seem to want to work properly when trying to lock or unlock the doors. sometimes will work right away sometimes it doesnt. If it does unlock most of the time the rear doors wont unlock with a double click. when doors are closed and dome light goes off, lock button seems to work fine. please help.
p.s tried multiple new festoon bulbs and each one does the same thing. As soon as i put the stock bulb back in works fine again.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:35 AM
Mark

Received 2,413 Likes on 2,114 Posts

Resistance...some LED's need it...try another brand LED...mine work fine..have been for over a year now. Bought them from jon_to here on the forum.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright thanks, I might do that...i'm still waiting for my maplights to arrive so im gonna try them out first and if they work properly then i will just swap out the dome light.

Quick Reply: problems after installing led dome light