Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Problem left front

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem left front

I have an '06 xlt 4x4 4.6L and I have has no problems with it at all but just recently its doin somthin weird. I went to back into a parking space, I was at a complete stop. I turned my wheel the oppisiste direction and as I turned the front end was not smooth. It felt like it was hoppin a little and shifted its self? I was thinkin the maybe the ball joints I asked around a little someone said powersteering issue but I really dont know. If anyone could help me that would be great?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:07 PM

Received 212 Likes on 192 Posts

If something is shifting, I suggest to find a friend to re-enact the event you experienced, while you get under and have a look.

Couple of ways to inspect ball joints. One is to grab the top of the front tires and push/pull strongly inward and outward rapidly while someone else watches the joints. Another is to lift the front end so that the tires are just off the ground, stick a shovel or other long handled tool under the tire from the side and lift/lower rapidly while someone watches for joint movement. Or, could just take it to a garage.

There may be something else failing - tie rods, drag links, frame/axle mounts, etc. Just look around at everything while simulating the event you experienced in the parking lot, trying to identify any slop where there shouldn't be any.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You didn't bump your 4x4 switch? It happened to me last week when I was backing out of my garage. It felt like I hopping in the front. It some how got bumped to 4X4 low.

Quick Reply: Problem left front