Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

a problem i just had

Old 07-13-2010, 07:12 PM
MUDDAWG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a problem i just had

so im going down the interstate and for some reason my truck feels powerless or like pulling a heavy trailer and im like wtf ??? so i started to slow down and my steering wheel started vibrating alot and the truck was pulling to the left. im very pissed at this moment so i get out and look and my front driver brake is on fire. not big but flaming..my first reaction was to get a beer out of the cooler and pour on it. it put the flame out, sucks i wasted a good beer tho. so i looked around and said it must be a bad caliper. all the fluids were good, and no missing bolts. so i had my wife get me a new caliper, brakes, rotor, and fluid and bring it to me on the interstate. took the old caliper off and the piston just feel out in pieces. put the new stuff on and it was fine. so glad it didnt mess up my new wheels tho. just sharing info......
Old 07-13-2010, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the same thing happen to me last fall. Got out of the truck one day and felt the heat when I walked around the front. Brake smell was kickn. Caliper pistons had pieces falling off of them when I changed it. I didn't find anything on this site about it so I googled it and any report I found all said the same thing. Drivers side front.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: a problem i just had