Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Price on truck

Old 03-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Go Noles >>---;--->

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price on truck

Ok, just out of curiosity, id like to know how much my truck would sell for.
2006 Lariat Supercab 2wd, 43,000 miles list of mods below:

2.5" HBS leveling kit, 5% window tint, Flowmaster Super 44's si/do with 4in. tips, Banks ram air system, bigger throttle body, UWS toolbox, Westin step bars, Aries bull bar, 285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers.
Attached Thumbnails Price on truck-img00059-20100308-1551.jpg  
Old 03-21-2010, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have an answer for your question, but I have a question for you. What size throttle body are you running and how much of a difference did you notice?
Old 03-21-2010, 03:24 PM

Ok I just hopped on Kelly Blue Book and did the private party value for your truck. I included all the options you have listed and assumed some from my knowledge of this truck. If it is in excellent condition- which it looks like it is KBB said to ask 19,165. Of course they don't know you're actual truck and this is just a ball park estimate. However due to your extensive modding this may decrease your value. The only time the value would really increase would be if the buyer is knowledgeable and appreciates your taste in mods. Personally I would ask 20,500 for it and be ready to deal a little. Used trucks these days are holding their value extremely well due to the fact no one is shelling out 40k to buy a new one. Good luck and I hope this helps. You can check Autotrader for similar models and similar miles to see what folks are asking. You may also want to rerun the KBB value since you know the extent of your options.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:07 PM

I hate to admit it, but your mods are worth nothing for your resale, unless you find someone that really wants them. Even as an enthusiast myself I'd prefer it be stock and unmolested.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:10 PM
BAMF Club

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

I agree with Dern. Look at the kbb value and hope you can get that. Unless you find someone who is looking for a slightly modded truck, all your add-ons are worth nothing. If it was lifted or rolling some expensive wheels, then you might be able to include that. but good luck
Old 03-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Go Noles >>---;--->

Originally Posted by lddrew
Ok I just hopped on Kelly Blue Book and did the private party value for your truck. I included all the options you have listed and assumed some from my knowledge of this truck. If it is in excellent condition- which it looks like it is KBB said to ask 19,165. Of course they don't know you're actual truck and this is just a ball park estimate. However due to your extensive modding this may decrease your value. The only time the value would really increase would be if the buyer is knowledgeable and appreciates your taste in mods. Personally I would ask 20,500 for it and be ready to deal a little. Used trucks these days are holding their value extremely well due to the fact no one is shelling out 40k to buy a new one. Good luck and I hope this helps. You can check Autotrader for similar models and similar miles to see what folks are asking. You may also want to rerun the KBB value since you know the extent of your options.
Thanks that does help, and yeah i know that mods mean nothing really unless the buyer wants them on there. Some of them are removable. But i got the truck for graduation (i'm 18) and my parents knew the owners so they trusted the condition it was in and all that, plus it only had 29k miles on it. There's just some things about it i'd change. I'd like the floor shifter, sliding rear window, the fact that its 2" lower than a 4wd,and the actual 4WD!!!!!! My problem is, being 18 i really dont have another vehicle to drive around until i bought a new truck if i got mine sold, and well its still in their name and all that.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:11 PM

Well good luck to you. I bought my truck from an old man that absolutely babied his truck. That's what people look for in a seller. But your truck looks very nice and clean so you shouldn't have to much trouble moving it, even with the mods. The mods do make the truck unique and some people will like that.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:00 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

So you're going to buy a 4x4 lariat with the center consle? That's a pretty big hit on your wallet to have a truck for less than a year and then buy another one...that's why I got exactly what I wanted from the beginning cause in my opinion it aint a truck if its 2wd
Old 03-22-2010, 12:23 AM
Go Noles >>---;--->

Like i said im only 18 and it was a grad present, so i couldnt really get exactly what i wanted. Beggers cant be choosers, but i just wanted to see what everyone thought. I think itd be too much trouble in the long run, ill just lift it when i get enough $.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:14 AM

FWIW, I paid 10k for my 05 Lariat 4x4 center console center shift. It has 150k miles on it though, but doesn't show them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Price on truck