Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Price Check...Banks Headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 11:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Price Check...Banks Headers

Has anyone installed Banks headers and how much did you pay? I read there the best ones to buy as far as being able to hook all the sensors back up without having to modify anything. Thoughts...
Old 11-09-2009, 11:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump
Old 11-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Punisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the Banks Torque Tube headers on my 08 F150 Screw. I couldn't afford them from new from Banks but was lucky enough to find some on eBay. I ended up winning the bid for $25 + shipping (about $50 total). I then spent another $50 or so on header wrap and high temp paint. I media blasted them and found a few small cracks at the weld joints so I zipped those back up, painted, wrapped, and painted again to seal the wrap. It's a helluva job on the install. Driver's side isnt' too bad but passenger side is atrocious. Remove ECM, starter, fender skirt, transmission dipstick tube, and unfasten the condenser mount. Lots of busted knuckles. All that said, I am glad I did the install. For the price and performance gains it was worth it... especially in hind-sight now that time has healed the wounds and profane memories of the install. More consistent power delivery... smoother exhaust note... throaty on WOT and definite increase in torque.

Quick Reply: Price Check...Banks Headers