Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Preventative maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 10:21 AM

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Preventative maintenance

I'm doing a little side work this week that will pay about $700.00, and since I'm not hurting for cash right now, I want to put that into my truck and save some headaches down the road.

It's almost at 92K miles so I figure I would get ahead on some of the maintenance that will be needed eventually. I'm wondering what you guys think I should have done.

I just had the spark plugs done last year, a complete brake job was taken care of last month, and I've got new tires on it.

Right now it's running great so I've got no complaints. I'm just wondering what you think I should have done that will likely be an issue in the future.

Thanks.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:37 AM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by JoePal
I'm doing a little side work this week that will pay about $700.00, and since I'm not hurting for cash right now, I want to put that into my truck and save some headaches down the road.

It's almost at 92K miles so I figure I would get ahead on some of the maintenance that will be needed eventually. I'm wondering what you guys think I should have done.

I just had the spark plugs done last year, a complete brake job was taken care of last month, and I've got new tires on it.

Right now it's running great so I've got no complaints. I'm just wondering what you think I should have done that will likely be an issue in the future.

Thanks.
Hi.

Some comprehensive maintenance info linkies is in this post:

https://www.f150forum.com/f4/new-me-...9/#post3291654

good luck
MGD
Old 03-16-2014, 10:49 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

At your mileage I would do struts, shocks, check your FPDM for corrosion .Won't be long and you will be looking at front wheel bearings , steering shaft , new battery . My advise would be to put that money away and use it as needed . Sounds like you are on top of it so far . You may want to do a fluid/filter change on the trans.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^+1

Quick Reply: Preventative maintenance