Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

preference on headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb preference on headlights?

I have an 07 fx2 looking into getting the halo projector headlights. Wondered if anyone has any experience with them and any tips on where to get good ones with an actual warranty other than ebay.

and has anyone taken the consult apart?

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally think the halos look like crap on these trucks. They look like euro crap to me. These headlights are big and when you put a little bitty halo inside them it kinda looks funny. In my opinion.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:38 PM

Check out neweggmall.com they have great prices. i bought projector headlights with the halo rings for my 07XL and they look awsome. i also bought the carbon fiber taillights. i have also changed the wiring on the low beams so that they do not turn off when you change to the brights. FYI DO NOT try this if you have the factory headlight because the high and low beam are within the same bulb and it will cause it to explode due to heat(yes the bulb shattered inside the headlight housing). i tried all the bulbs at the local autozone from the cheapos to the silver star ultras trying to find something that would stand up to the heat but every single one bit the dust. now my high and low are two different bulbs and my brights are super bright. also the silverstar ultras are worth the extra money they look great.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:19 PM

here is a pic of my halo lights...they look way better in person. the rings have a light blue color. the three lights in the upper right were also the same light blue but i changed those to red so they would match the color of the truck
Attached Images  
Old 09-01-2009, 12:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budismonky
I personally think the halos look like crap on these trucks. They look like euro crap to me. These headlights are big and when you put a little bitty halo inside them it kinda looks funny. In my opinion.
To each his own....

I personally think the 6" round headlight looks kinda funny... Like you said IMO
Old 09-01-2009, 06:19 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by J-625
here is a pic of my halo lights...they look way better in person. the rings have a light blue color. the three lights in the upper right were also the same light blue but i changed those to red so they would match the color of the truck
Say, when did BMW (or Lexus) start making trucks?
Old 09-01-2009, 09:12 AM

think ill take the halos out of the e36 to be different on the road lol. I wish i could find some projectors for the truck without the halo. Theres a guy in my neighborhood with some lights like that and it just doesnt look quite right but to each there own.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

True. I installed blacked out lights for awhile....ended up removing them and re-installing the stock ones again. I'm one of those that think Ford got it right the first time (headlight wise).
Old 09-01-2009, 09:22 AM

Im thinking just a set of the Harleys but i do love the projectors on the car. Oh well some PIAAs on the new bush guard will help on those country roads lol Sorry for the threadjack. Good luck finding some
Old 09-01-2009, 02:50 PM

HIDS are a better option imo

Quick Reply: preference on headlights?