Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Power Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:24 AM
West by GOD Virginia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window Problem

06 F150 - passenger side power window won't go down. guy at a shop said he was able to hotwire the motor and the motor worked just fine. the switches on both the drivers side and passenger side work to roll the window back up, but neither work to roll it down. Any ideas as to how to fix this?
Old 03-24-2010, 12:00 PM

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

The switches are horrible on these trucks. I dont know if you have a back seat. But if you do, I would remove the swith from the back, put it up front and see if it works. That way you will know if it is the switch or the motor. Try that and let us know.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:10 PM
West by GOD Virginia

Originally Posted by corey_lax
The switches are horrible on these trucks. I dont know if you have a back seat. But if you do, I would remove the swith from the back, put it up front and see if it works. That way you will know if it is the switch or the motor. Try that and let us know.
it's not the motor, the motor works... I questioned why both switches didn't work (assuming that if both switches didn't work, it must be the motor). I was told that the passenger side switch is wired through the drivers side switch. Guess i'll try to swap switches in the drivers side pannel (maybe pull the one for the rear windows (which work) to test). Thanks for the idea!
Old 03-24-2010, 01:42 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Yeah, the driver control goes through the passenger switch, and the switch also has independent power. Is the switch lit up with your headlights on? My guess (assuming he ruled out motor failure) is either a bad passenger side switch, or you've got a bad wiring connection between the switch and the motor (should be the yellow with black stripe wire).
Old 03-25-2010, 07:59 AM
West by GOD Virginia

i didn't get a chance to work on it last night, but both drivers and passengers switches light up. Does the drivers go through the passengers, or vice versa?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same issue, passenger goes up and down with passenger switch but master switch (driver) wont go down for passenger window but will go up. Crazy switches.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Baitrunner
i didn't get a chance to work on it last night, but both drivers and passengers switches light up. Does the drivers go through the passengers, or vice versa?
Illumination is independent.

I think your harness going to the passenger side is good because you have illumination. So, I'm sticking with bad passenger switch, or bad wire between the switch and motor.

Try tascaparts.com for a discounted replacement.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by ca3sar
I have the same issue, passenger goes up and down with passenger switch but master switch (driver) wont go down for passenger window but will go up. Crazy switches.
Either a bad switch or contact on the driver switch or the wire from the drivers switch to the passenger switch.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:42 PM
tbell07

Turns out I have the same prob. with my drivers side window all of a sudden it wouldn't go down i pulled the wires out of the switch thought it was a loose connection but nothing all the other windows go down and up any ideas why the drivers window won't go down
Old 04-01-2010, 02:35 PM

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

I had these same problems, passenger window would go down but not up, the master switch would work for both but not the passenger, had ford change the switch under warranty, and when my bumper to bumper was done the drivers started acting up, so i replaced it and both times fixed the problems. Like buddy said these switches are garbage and ford does have a new part number out for them so maybe they fixed it, parts not to too pricey from ford, around 100 or less for drivers side, probly less for passenger.
The following users liked this post:
jerrybizzle (12-16-2012)

Quick Reply: Power Window Problem