Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Power Window Problem

Old 05-17-2014, 05:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Power Window Problem

Okay. Driver's side master power window switch works on all windows expect my passenger side window. The passenger side window switch works and the window moves up and down without any issues.

I have a 12v reading on wires from the drives side switch and a 10v reading from the passenger side terminal where the driver's side wires link into the passenger side terminal. The wires look clean, no breaks and I'm at a lost for words on why in the hell the window won't move from the driver's side master switch.

Any suggestions????? Thanks!!!

Last edited by Regulator; 05-17-2014 at 05:49 PM. Reason: didnt finish my sentence.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:15 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 647 Posts

Thread moved to 04'-08' section for better response.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:32 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Buy a new master switch. Amazon has the Doorman replacements.
Or take the switch apart and put a tiny piece if tin foil on the contacts and see if that works. It worked for me for a few months when the drivers window wouldn't work then I just got a new switch.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:57 AM
Sheep Dog

Received 327 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Regulator
Okay. Driver's side master power window switch works on all windows expect my passenger side window. The passenger side window switch works and the window moves up and down without any issues.

I have a 12v reading on wires from the drives side switch and a 10v reading from the passenger side terminal where the driver's side wires link into the passenger side terminal. The wires look clean, no breaks and I'm at a lost for words on why in the hell the window won't move from the driver's side master switch.

Any suggestions????? Thanks!!!
Exact same problem in my truck. Mine was not the switch, but the wiring between the passenger door and A pillar. If I opened the passenger door, I could control the passenger window from the driver master switch. Close that door and only the switch on that door works. I still have to get in there, pull back the boot, and repair the wire.
The following users liked this post:
Regulator (05-18-2014)
Old 05-18-2014, 11:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VTX1800N1
Exact same problem in my truck. Mine was not the switch, but the wiring between the passenger door and A pillar. If I opened the passenger door, I could control the passenger window from the driver master switch. Close that door and only the switch on that door works. I still have to get in there, pull back the boot, and repair the wire.
I pulled back the boot on both doors and the wires looked alright... I'll keep looking, what is crazy is that when I measure the volts it still is receiving 11v from the drivers side switch...

Thank you for your response!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Window Problem