Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Power Window Motor

Old 02-22-2008, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window Motor

can anyone tell me what mods i can do to get better gas millage........... I crack myself up.... seriously though My drivers side powerer window seems to be rather tempermental.... i will roll it down and occasionally it will not roll back up i seem to have to wait a while, swear alot and it will eventually start working again as if nothing happened..... has anyone else had this problem? could it be the motor tapping out?
Old 02-22-2008, 12:56 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The switch could be going bad, or a connection between the switch and the motor could be loose.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:02 PM

that makes sense because if i smack the door near the switches sometimes it will start working
Old 02-22-2008, 02:26 PM

Try the switch first. Same thing happened with my daughters Mercury Sable.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Just some dude

I'd just try cleaning them with a qtip and alcohol(the copper terminals inside) if that doesn't work, check the motor with it not attached to the window and see if it bogs down in the same spot over and over, could be getting flat .
Finally, make sure you don't have anything sticky on the seals around the outside of the window, check for the tightest spot and see it's ocvered in excess glue or other sticky s...
Old 06-21-2008, 10:39 PM

how did you get it fixed? did you?

i have the same problem right now..my drivers side window acts up and sometimes doesnt want to go up.. sounds like a switch issue to me.

-j
Old 06-21-2008, 11:37 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm having the same problem as y'all. If I keep hitting the "up" switch it will eventually go up but it goes down without any problems at all. I'm thinking that I may need to clean it with the said q-tips and see if that works.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:45 AM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Get this stuff: I have used Caig DeoxIT for years and years it is the premo stuff for cleaning, lubricating, keeping switches working properly. Below is the manufacturers website, They make numerous products and all I have used are the best you can buy.
http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.188/.f

Last edited by transmaster; 07-09-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:46 PM

hi,

today i popped off the arm rest portion - very easy, almost didnt even need a screw driver.

for my truck the window goes down but the "up" doesnt want to work all the time. its iffy...SO, i took the entire switch apart! i mean down to the circuit board and its easy to see that the "UP" CONTACT is black and shows signs of electrically burnt look to it. so i cleaned it with a Q-tip with a small amount of alcohol and it helped it a TON! but it occasionally still acts up!

so i plan on purchasing the switch when i get some time and money soon.

oh and the factory switch had this number on it, not sure if its a part number but anyways this is what a white sticker had on it: 5L1T-14540-ABW

THANKS,
- J
Old 06-23-2008, 12:28 PM
2004 F150 SC 5.4 XLT

Fellas,

My rear passenger window is having the same problem. When I roll it up and down with my driver side controls it's fine but if you try to use the controls on the rear passenger door it only works here and there. I bought the truck used and saw in the paperwork that the switch in the front passenger window was swapped out on warrantee. Maybe before I have to hassle with the dealership I will pop the arm rest off and look around, give everything a once over.

Also, my driver side switch lights aren't always lit up, seems like the wiring may be a little loose? Anyone else having that problem?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Window Motor