Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Power Window issue... Fuse not the problem.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:28 PM

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Power Window issue... Fuse not the problem.

Guys:

My power windows do not work. No motor.. no clicking.. nothing. The Power Windows do not work at any door switch.. the window lock is not on. It's not the 30a fuse because the moonroof works just fine.. The lock button works.. the lights on the switches on the driver side are on.. I don't know.. any ideas?
Old 01-02-2008, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by o4f150j
Guys:

My power windows do not work. No motor.. no clicking.. nothing. The Power Windows do not work at any door switch.. the window lock is not on. It's not the 30a fuse because the moonroof works just fine.. The lock button works.. the lights on the switches on the driver side are on.. I don't know.. any ideas?
i had the same thing happen on my 06 f150 , two thing you can do buy a new switch or open it and there are three black lil plastic pin that wear out
the center and be swapped from that and from aanother sider
Old 09-22-2012, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do any of you motorheads know the location of the power window relay ? I have already checked everywhere else even took apart the master switch. It's all good ! Please tell us where the relay is. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:04 PM
clw

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The power windows are a weak point in these trucks. just like the door locks in some of the super duties. My driver window regulator has busted twice. once it was grinding cuz i broke the little plastic gear. the next time it was the motor. i didnt hear any noise or nuthin just like you said. So it might not be the switch
Old 09-23-2012, 11:39 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The same thing happened with my truck (2008 XLT). The issue was with a wire between the drivers side door and the cab. I pulled the rubber boot that holds the wires and found a loose connection. The wire must have been pinched at some point and the previous owner fixed it by twisting the wires back together. I spliced in a new piece of wire to lengthen it so it doesn't get pinched again (this time it was soldered and shrink wrapped like the previous owner should have done).

This may not be your issue but it's worth checking. You could loose a lot of hair trying to figure that one out!
The following users liked this post:
squidman (09-23-2012)

Quick Reply: Power Window issue... Fuse not the problem.