Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Power widows and mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Power widows and mirrors

My power windows are not working. Checked all fuses and relays. Hooked up battery the motor works just fine. Power mirrors also not working checked all fuses and relays. Power lock do not work on driver door, but work on passenger door. All locks work when I use the remote. Anyone have any ideas? Its leading me to believe that there is a broken wire. But I'm not positive. If you could give some ideas besides what I've said that would be great. Thank you
Old 03-20-2014, 12:12 AM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Matty6600
My power windows are not working. Checked all fuses and relays. Hooked up battery the motor works just fine. Power mirrors also not working checked all fuses and relays. Power lock do not work on driver door, but work on passenger door. All locks work when I use the remote. Anyone have any ideas? Its leading me to believe that there is a broken wire. But I'm not positive. If you could give some ideas besides what I've said that would be great. Thank you
Definitely check the wires that run in the loom in the hinge area, they are prone to break.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 on checking the wires in the door looms. (big rubber boot) I had mine break their on the drivers side.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:56 PM

Should I print off a wire diagram and just run a new wire? Would that be the easiest thing to do?
Old 03-20-2014, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have power seats and do they work? Pedal adjust?

I had everything drop out on me similar to you. Turned out I had leak from the 3rd brake light.

Water runs down into the channels along the door sills. If the other suggestions don't work, go to the passenger side and remove the door sill (plastic) cover and look along the channel for signs of water intrution. Close to the kick panel at the front of the door there are some connections where water can corrode (to breaking the connection).

This is actually a fairly common problem with the trucks. Mine was fixed by making a better gasket for the 3rd (roof) brake light, drying the channel out and resoldering/connecting the wire that had corroded.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:43 PM

Come to think of it my passenger side window wouldn't roll down from switch on passenger side. But I could roll it down from drivers side. I don't have power seats. Then the locks and window eventually didn't work along with power morriors. They work every once and a great while. Till I rolled it down one day and it would go up so I hooked a battery up to it rolled it up and disconnected the driverside controls!!! Errr I was pissed especially -30 degrees outside!
Old 03-20-2014, 07:44 PM

Wouldn't go up stupid cell phone
Old 03-20-2014, 07:58 PM

How do I set a profile picture?
Old 03-20-2014, 10:58 PM
grass man

I'm having similar problem. None of my power window switches are working, driver or passenger. Power folding mirrors and locks still work. Would this be a fuse or wiring?? I have not had time to pull and check fuses yet but that's where I'll start.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Justinmur
I'm having similar problem. None of my power window switches are working, driver or passenger. Power folding mirrors and locks still work. Would this be a fuse or wiring?? I have not had time to pull and check fuses yet but that's where I'll start.
Probably not a fuse, but easy to check first. See the above - chech the wires where they go through the door, then check the passenger side rail (under plastic) for water intrusion.

Check this thread - shows the wire to check with pics:
http://www.f150online.com/forums/ele...t-working.html

WHoops- my memory is wrong. This was for the power seat, mirrors, and pedals. I got switched around because I also had a window switch go and the window regulator.

Last edited by Ptaaty; 03-20-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Power widows and mirrors