Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Power Steering Pressure Sensor/Switch?

Old 03-28-2015, 04:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Power Steering Pressure Sensor/Switch?

I've got a 2006 KR F150 - 2WD with the 5.4. P0553 CEL came on a week ago and i've been trying to locate the sensor to see if it is as easy as just cleaning the contacts to fix the CEL. I can't find the dang thing. I've traced my lines to the steering box, and can't see any kind of plug! the diagram shows it on the drivers side coming out of the power steering pump, but from above and below the truck I don't see or feel anything.

Any videos on exactly where it is supposed to be?

Cheers,
-Matt
Old 03-31-2015, 03:20 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Not sure about your 2006 KR 2wd but I'm thinking it would be the same as my 2008 4x4. Also there may be more that one "switch" related to the power steering system but what I would call the power steering pressure switch is located on the high pressure line that runs between the rack and the power steering pump. The high pressure line leaves the rack and travels along the top of the frame crossmember it then does a 180 turn and runs back parralel to itself before turning upwards toward the ps pump(a couple brackets hold it to the frame one forms the loop turn). On mine the power steering switch/port plugs into the hose on the rear section of the line a short distance before it starts going up toward the pump. I had to swap it over form the old leaking hose to a new hose, there is an electrical connection that unplugs and the switch itself can be removed from the port on the hose.

The switch I'm talking about is part number 3N824 in this diagram.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Steering Pressure Sensor/Switch?