Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Power sliding rear window?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 09:55 PM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Default Power sliding rear window?

Thinking of making this my next mod.....Those of you that have a power sliding rear window do you like it? Any major issues other than keeping it lubed? Has anybody else tackled this project and can offer suggestions? I'm sure it's pretty well strait forward but just curious of anything I should watch for.....thx for any replies.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:03 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I like the window. And unless the wiring harness is already there, I could see it being a project. I know to replace my done light with sunroof and rear window switch was like $500. Then you got to buy harness and window and I could only image install. One guy did a post about replacing his rear window and he didn't seem to happy with it and was going to just add in a solid glass with no window.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:12 PM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoKesoul
I like the window. And unless the wiring harness is already there, I could see it being a project. I know to replace my done light with sunroof and rear window switch was like $500. Then you got to buy harness and window and I could only image install. One guy did a post about replacing his rear window and he didn't seem to happy with it and was going to just add in a solid glass with no window.
Thx... I actually found a ford kit to do this for $400 with tinted window and defrost. It's from ford accessory store and has a semi generic switch you can mount anywhere. I have replaced a solid window for a slider before on one of my other trucks...and it went ok.... I really like using the like using the slider but since I'm extended its really inconvenient....unless my daughter is riding in the back seat.

Quick Reply: Power sliding rear window?