Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Power seat, mirrors, pedal not workjng

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power seat, mirrors, pedal not workjng

I recently purchased a used 2004 FX4. The power seats, and mirrors were not working. Like most of you I found topic after topic about the orange wire with the light green stripe and the faulty splice. Some said their trucks did not have such a splice and no further info was avialable. So this is for those of you without that splice.

If your truck does not have the power pedals or the memory seat function you do not have this splice. After spending entirely too much time searching for this union I went back to basics. Here is what I found.

Assuming you do not have the memory feature you will also not have an orange with lt green under your seat. Also missing is the frequently mentioned seat module. Yours is much simpler. There is an orange and lt green wire from your fuse box. It comessage off fuse #3. This feeds your power mirrors. You will find a dark green wire coming through a hole in your carpet under your driver's seat. This wire is your power for the seat and is fed by fuse 109. Diagnosis is much easier with your set up.

In my case neither the seat nor mirror were working. Two separate issues. The seat has a harness thathe distributes power to the 3 motors. I had a loose wire inside that harness. Check for power at the green wire. If you have power check at the main harness again both in and out. I had to remove the seat to gain good access. And that's a whole other topic.

Now the mirror. Pop the switch out and check as an independant circuit. This is where that orange and lt green wire is at. I had power to the switch but no power out. Bad switch. Cheap easy fix.

Your issues may be different but forget about that elusive wire and just go back to square one. It took less than an hour to resolve both problems and under $20 to fix.

Good luck!!
Old 02-26-2017, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good information, I hope it helps someone.