Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Power programmers and other upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power programmers and other upgrades

I have a 2007 FX2 i want to change the exhaust add cold air intake. Is the hypertech 3 programmer ok to use with these changes and is it worth the money? Also for the exhaust I want to do a three inch cat back is this good or do you have a recomendation for something better.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Try using the search function up at the top of the page, it should help you out with your questions.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Stay away from Hypertech and 3" is way to much for a stock 5.4 stay with a quality 2.5" setup. Edge or SCT is the tuner you want, the others are not worth a darn. Just read up on here to find all you ever wanted to know.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:07 PM

search......what a wonderful thing.....j/k look in the aftermarket part of this forum there is a post that will answer just about any questions you have.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by boilerup15
Try using the search function up at the top of the page, it should help you out with your questions.
I didn't mean to inconviniance you but I have more important things to do than read through 1000s of post to find a simple answer to a simple question.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:12 PM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by robow
I didn't mean to inconviniance you but I have more important things to do than read through 1000s of post to find a simple answer to a simple question.
if you dont have time to read through the hundreds of post about this subject, we dont have time to answer your simple question
Old 11-17-2009, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by ford4wd08
if you dont have time to read through the hundreds of post about this subject, we dont have time to answer your simple question

the time it took to be rude, you could of helped the guy.

when i was NA, my favorite intake was the SB filters intake, Stay away from flow master, and keep with magnaflow exhaust setups. You can probably go to a local shop and get a single 3" setup with a magnaflow for a good price. And yes 3" is perfectly fine.

As for tuning i had a custom tune from VMP tuning. Altho i hear great things about the "newish" Gryphon (like the edge but with custom tunes) from www.powerhungryperformance.com

Last edited by Cali_Screw; 11-17-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:43 PM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

seeing as there is a whole section of threads deticated to his question i can be rude......
Old 11-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

newbs should use the search feature...threads like this get locked on other forums...
Old 12-11-2009, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by robow
I have a 2007 FX2 i want to change the exhaust add cold air intake. Is the hypertech 3 programmer ok to use with these changes and is it worth the money? Also for the exhaust I want to do a three inch cat back is this good or do you have a recomendation for something better.
Hypertech’s tune for the 07 F-150 5.4L gets gains of 25 HP and 40 TQ and is set up for a stock vehicle or one with light modifications such as an air cleaner or a cat-back. If you install an aftermarket air intake or exhaust that dramatically affects the amount of airflow into the engine or how the sensors read it, the tuning must be altered to recalibrate the sensor for the fueling and ignition timing to be correct. We always want to make the best product to fit our customers needs, so please fill out our product request form and specify the particular cold air intake and exhaust set-up in the “Comments” (Product Request…http://hypertech.com/requests.php). This will help us determine which modifications are the most popular, and which brands we should focus our attention on. If we develop a tune for a particular air intake that requires recalibration, that will become available through an internet update, and you will be notified via the email you provide in the product request form.

Quick Reply: Power programmers and other upgrades