Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Power mirrors not working but turn signal does.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 08:23 AM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Power mirrors not working but turn signal does.

Hey guys,I've searched the threads on this one but did not find my particular problem. I recently purchased a 2006 screw Lariat 4x4 in great shape except the power mirrors won't budge.Fuse is fine,I even replaced the switch but still nothing. I have read about some issues with broken wiring but haven't tackled that yet. Is it possible both mirrors are bad since the turn signals are working which tells me they are getting power or do I need to start tracking some wiring? Thanks for any input.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

u might need to check where the wire connects to the terminal pins, there might be a loose connection there and also you would need to have matching part numbers, did your original mirrors tht came on there were powered?
Old 08-08-2013, 09:10 AM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally solved the problem. I kept reading in different post about a bad wire splice or break and was having trouble locating the problem. I came across a thread yesterday that described the precise location of the bad "factory" splice. It is green wire with orange stripes or vice versa and is located on the passenger side behind the fuse box. It's in the backside of the wiring harness close to the floorboard.Mine was totally seperated. I was so happy to finally figure it out after quite some time. Thanks to all those who have shared their knowledge on this site.

Quick Reply: Power mirrors not working but turn signal does.