Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

power mirror issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 08:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default power mirror issues

have been searching for a while to find the solution to this but in my 06 screw king ranch the power mirrors dont work, switch works, power fold works, heated feature works, fuses work, and there has been write ups on the power seats will stop as well as the electric slide pedals but both still work, and havent come across any loose wires on eather side, but everything works other than the movement of the mirrors (up, down, left, right) on both driver and passanger sides
Old 09-20-2016, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Braidyn23
have been searching for a while to find the solution to this but in my 06 screw king ranch the power mirrors dont work, switch works, power fold works, heated feature works, fuses work, and there has been write ups on the power seats will stop as well as the electric slide pedals but both still work, and havent come across any loose wires on eather side, but everything works other than the movement of the mirrors (up, down, left, right) on both driver and passanger sides
I found this post via search because I am having the exact same issue with my 2006 KR. Did this get resolved? thanks.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by jkd63
I found this post via search because I am having the exact same issue with my 2006 KR. Did this get resolved? thanks.
Didn't find the area of the wire. But was a power issue. Just spliced into the front window power and got my mirrors working again.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:14 PM

Didn't find the area of the wire. But was a power issue. Just spliced into the front window power and got my mirrors working again.
ok, thanks.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:19 PM
Cant this thing go faster

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Did you check in the door boots? the insulation on the wires can break and cause a short/open circuit.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by technokami
Did you check in the door boots? the insulation on the wires can break and cause a short/open circuit.
yes, I looked there and didn't see anything obvious. Time to break out the multi-meter, I suppose.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by technokami
Yeah checked there. Nothing as well as both kick plates, drivers and passanger. As well as the fuse box and couldn't find anything wrong
Old 09-24-2016, 09:16 AM

Is the power for the folding function separate from the power for the mirror adjustment? My folding works. You would think its the same power source to the switch.

Quick Reply: power mirror issues