Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Power loss and brake light issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Ian_T_S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Power loss and brake light issue

Over the weekend I drove a friends 2007 Screw. He has the same engine(5.4L), 4 wheel drive, his is an XLT (chrome) and mine is a Lariat...I noticed that his feels like its got a little more power than mine. I was thinking since mine is an '04 with 98k on it that after time things get a little worn and it causes it not to have as much "get up and go" as it used to. Any ideas?

The second issue I noticed that when I step in the brakes my brakes lights dont come until I really stomp on the brake pedal. If I come to a coasting stop my lights wont ever turn on. I got pulled over a while ago and the cop asked me to step on the brake pedal to make sure they were working..Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks!!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

1. probably just different gearing.

2. if i remember right, there is a switch on the brake assembly, it probably needs adjusting, do you have to mash down the brake to shift outta gear too?
Old 06-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Ian_T_S

No not at all...I can shift fine same with the cruise..just gotta tap the brakes and it shuts off..That was my first thought also..I had an old bronco that had a little switch down by the brake pedal that when pushed it would turn on the brake lights..I looked under the dashboard and there isn't anything like that.

He has the same gears as I do. The only difference between the two is the XLT chrome package and mine is a Lariat. We both have the towing package, etc...the only thing I think of is that I actually DRIVE my truck...he babies his big time. The most offroad his truck had seen was the stone parking lot at a local bar. He wont let the RPM's get over 2k or 2500...
Old 06-22-2009, 06:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hmmm not sure about the performance issues, maybe he's tuned or something?? i have no idea. however there is a stoplamp switch, maybe yours is going out?

Last edited by ATOM; 06-22-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Ian_T_S

Thanks. Printed. Once it gets below 100 degrees ill go out and check it out.

Quick Reply: Power loss and brake light issue