Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Possible water leak in cabin, or A/C

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Homey don't play that

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Possible water leak in cabin, or A/C

07 Scab XLT ~

The passenger side floor near the edge of the door sill is soaking wet. Not the whole area of carpeting, but just the edge (1-2") leading to the plastic door sill. It is drenched.

I'm not sure if it's being caused by a leak somewhere or by the A/C unit.

I checked the 3rd brake light on the roof but couldn't really tell.

I'm hoping it's not the A/C as it looks like the dash has to be dropped to access the unit.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone have a problem similar to this?

Any feedback would be great as I don't want carpeting/floorpan issues down the road.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother had a problem similar to this on his '04. I don't remember exactly what it was, but something to do with driving on the highway with the a/c on. The condensation that normally drips out the bottom of the truck was blowing into the cab. He went to Ford and got some sort of retrofit kit for it. Basically just a rubber hose to move the condensate away from the cab.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Homey don't play that

Yah when I have the A/C on it does seem to do it the most...so I'd narrow it down the the A/C.

I'll have to check with my local Ford dealership about the kit or a re-routed hose.

Is it something I could do myself or is the A/C unit hidden away and be a pita to access?
Old 08-06-2011, 06:24 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

There is a hole on the firewall right there on the passenger side. sometimes water can get thorugh it, i found they ran my power cable for my amp and water was dripping through it when it would rain and what not. i just put some silicone in it to plug it off and its been fine since.

pull the carpet back and you should be able to find it.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Homey don't play that

Originally Posted by madeSICC
There is a hole on the firewall right there on the passenger side. sometimes water can get thorugh it, i found they ran my power cable for my amp and water was dripping through it when it would rain and what not. i just put some silicone in it to plug it off and its been fine since.

pull the carpet back and you should be able to find it.
Cool I'll check it out when I'm back home where the truck's at. I'm hoping it's something as simple as that, and not an issue with the A/C unit.

Did the water you get seem to collect near the edge of the door against the sill? The edge of the carpet at the slight angle (approximately ~1") is the part that's soaked, not the entire passenger floor.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:41 PM

yea it flows right down to the sill, mine had been going on for a while i suppose because i only found out about it when i took out the rubber floor mats and noticed to bottin of the map was wet. But yes when you pull the door sill up you will see a little channel that fill with water.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Homey don't play that

Now that you mention it I do remember the floor mat having some condensation on the underside. Sounds like I have the same issue you did.

I'll definitely check it out when I get home.

Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:42 PM

yea the way i really made sure it was the issue is i had my wife poor water down the windshield right above where the hole is and layed in the truck and saw water folowing the wire into the truck.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Homey don't play that

hmm, I'll have to give that a try if I locate a possible hole. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Possible water leak in cabin, or A/C