Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Possible A/C problem!

Old 03-18-2015, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible A/C problem!

I haven't used ac in this truck yet it's fairly new and when I turned it on the other day it doesn't blow cool air, and then I also found a large fuse in the truck that the dealer must have left, could it be why the cool air isn't being blown?? If so where do I put this thing back in to see if it works correctly? Thanks in advance guys!
Attached Thumbnails Possible A/C problem!-image-2642386898.jpg   Possible A/C problem!-image-2930678698.jpg  
Old 03-18-2015, 02:43 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

You probably just need a ac recharge. Take it back to the dealer and have them fix it. That's just a spare fuse. I had one like that in a plastic baggy left in the door panel when I bought my 13. And the ac worked just fine. Don't think that fuse is the problem. Did u google what that fuse is ? I'd just go down and ask them. But most likely you need a recharge
Old 03-18-2015, 02:45 PM

Just did a quick search for you. That's just an electronic relay.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:48 PM

Yeah I'll have to just go back to them I suppose but I haven't dealt with a lot of a/c issues before because if I didn't have it I just rolled the windows down however wife and child now ride in my truck a lot so that has to change lol. Thanks a lot yall
Old 03-18-2015, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by copyleft0
Yeah I'll have to just go back to them I suppose but I haven't dealt with a lot of a/c issues before because if I didn't have it I just rolled the windows down however wife and child now ride in my truck a lot so that has to change lol. Thanks a lot yall
Yeah I'd just take it down to where you bought it if it wasn't long ago or just take it to a shop. Most likely just a charge on your ac and you'll be good to go. Shouldn't cost too much if indeed you have to pay. <100$. I'm in Canada tho. But yeah I think it's like 80$ so probably less there lol
Old 03-18-2015, 04:34 PM

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

That's a relay. It acts like a switch. If the dealer removed it from your fuse panel and forgot to reinstall then it's probably your problem. My 2006 F150 has a fuse panel by the front passengers right foot. Open that door and look for the place where the relay plugs into.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Aeromech
That's a relay. It acts like a switch. If the dealer removed it from your fuse panel and forgot to reinstall then it's probably your problem. My 2006 F150 has a fuse panel by the front passengers right foot. Open that door and look for the place where the relay plugs into.
I opened the kick panel and yes there was a relay (relay 5) missing so I plugged it in and from what I can tell it's not freezing cold a/c, however it's under 50 degrees here so it may just be the colder air outside its bringing in. How would I know if the relay isn't any good?
Old 03-18-2015, 09:11 PM

Your ac relay is not under the dash. It's in the engine compartment. Check under the hood In your fuse box of theres a relay missing.

Check for that. If it's missing. Replace it. If it's not working try changing it. Cheap enough. If not do what I suggested earlier
Attached Thumbnails Possible A/C problem!-image-650171268.jpg  
Old 03-18-2015, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cjoates23
Your ac relay is not under the dash. It's in the engine compartment. Check under the hood In your fuse box of theres a relay missing. Check for that. If it's missing. Replace it. If it's not working try changing it. Cheap enough. If not do what I suggested earlier
I actually just read about it being under the hood but when I looked earlier I was looking for a big box however it's very small I see, I'll try that out and give an update when I can, thanks again for all the help!
Old 03-18-2015, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by copyleft0
I actually just read about it being under the hood but when I looked earlier I was looking for a big box however it's very small I see, I'll try that out and give an update when I can, thanks again for all the help!
You bet man. Keep us posted !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Possible A/C problem!