Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

plug change cost

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plug change cost

i was caught by surprise on my plugs. im sure you all have had a bad time as well. this was my first new truck and first ford truck. i have a 05 f150 fx4. although i have loved the truck i will not buy again because of the poor ford costumer service. they sell the truck sayin it has 100,000 mi plugs. i had my truck in at 98000 for the plug change and of course 3 broke. $700 later im just a littleoff! i tryed to contact ford and got a boy sorry you have had a probem...please give us the chance to show you that our quality has improved in the future? its called a recall! show me that holes! if i would have known i would have bought the kit and did the change myself! if i would have known that ford would screw people i would never bought it. do not get me wrong i love the truck! but a $ 300to$1200 to have plugs changed is crazy. ithink we should start a petition to get a recall. im going to contact better bussiness and any media that will listen! is anyone else outraged!?
Old 02-16-2009, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by otter
i was caught by surprise on my plugs. im sure you all have had a bad time as well. this was my first new truck and first ford truck. i have a 05 f150 fx4. although i have loved the truck i will not buy again because of the poor ford costumer service. they sell the truck sayin it has 100,000 mi plugs. i had my truck in at 98000 for the plug change and of course 3 broke. $700 later im just a littleoff! i tryed to contact ford and got a boy sorry you have had a probem...please give us the chance to show you that our quality has improved in the future? its called a recall! show me that holes! if i would have known i would have bought the kit and did the change myself! if i would have known that ford would screw people i would never bought it. do not get me wrong i love the truck! but a $ 300to$1200 to have plugs changed is crazy. ithink we should start a petition to get a recall. im going to contact better bussiness and any media that will listen! is anyone else outraged!?
Good luck getting anyone on your side on this site I've had my truck down at ford for two weeks one week valves cam phaser, cam sencor, replaced had it back 4 days and it's back in and dealer tells me truck needs new motor because last dealer kept telling me ticking was normal . fords coming down tue. to look at the disassibled motor they say they may not cover it under warrenty thats $6000 out of pocket for me . thats why ford keeps blowing people off because they have dumb costumers that think it's ok to have there ford in the job every other mouth and they still say I LOVE MY FORD have fun with your junk pills I'm done with this site and ford
Old 02-16-2009, 07:45 PM

Check out the thread "Save your oil change slips". You guys will fit in. I posted my bitch there. It seems like it is bash Ford Monday. Nice.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 04 has been babied it has 51000 mi in that time it has been in the shop at least 50 times for just about everything from pinion seal,bearing,drive shaft,manifold,leaks.i can go on all night but anyway it time to replace the wife's car and guess what it wont be a ford.oh yea now my horn doesn't work and my seat belt wont retract.i expected more from a $35000 truck.that's my gripe
Old 02-16-2009, 10:21 PM

My service "advisor" told me that the broken plugs were soooo common that Ford had to invent a tool to remove them. Cost me an extra $125 in labor to have them pull them out.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the dealer changed mine at 50000mi none broke and it( only )cost me $450 wow what a deal

Quick Reply: plug change cost