Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

PLEASE HELP! Power Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP! Power Window Issue

Back ground info. Today I instulled a new reese brake controler. I bought the correct wire with plugs to connect under the stearing wheel. All was well. I started the truck and put down my driver window and drove out to my trailer. plugged trailer in and every thing works good. breaks and lights all work. I disconnect the trailer drive to park the truck. I try to put up the window it wont move. I try to put down the other four windows, nothing. I realize my radio that was on is not working. I have pulled all fuses, they check good. I check the circuit breaker it checks good.

ANY IDEAS?
Old 11-11-2014, 11:07 AM

Received 252 Likes on 213 Posts

Gotta say, if it was working prior to installing the brake controller, that's where you need to start looking. If you ran any wires to the rear, one may have gotten pinched. Also, it sounds strange that the fuses are still good, how did you check them, hopefully with a multimeter. Its not expensive to change them anyway but check all the fuses with a multimeter, that's probably where I would start.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did check the fuses with a meter. I did not run any wires or splice into wires. the truck has the tow package and I bought the correct plug to plug into it under the dash just below the steering wheel. I check the 30 amp circuit breaker it shows good. I checked to see if it had power and my test light not my multi meter shows that there is power. I also checked the radio start fuse it is good but now power in that fuse block either. I unplugged the the switches and ran 12v to the motors directly and they all go up and down.
I unplugged the break controler and that does not change anything. So I guess it will require a trip to the dealership as I am at a loss.

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP! Power Window Issue