Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Please Help me!!!!

Old 09-05-2014, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help me!!!!

I am actually writing this to get some ideas for my fiancé! He has a 2005 F150 FX4 with the 5.4L in it. He is very frustrated right now to say the least! The minute you start the truck it sounds and runs like a tractor!!!! He has changed the fuel filter, ran Seafoam and Injector cleaner through it and now just changed out the Throttle body. It still runs the same. We have a baby on the way in a month and we are trying to have two running vehicles but can't seem to figure out what the problem is with the Ford. Can anyone please give me some advise or ideas that won't break the bank or have us selling our body parts to make this run right????? Please and thank you.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Dont Tread On Me

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If this is the Cam Phaser knock, I believe a heavier weight oil will help some, but not "solve" the issue.
Maybe a head gasket leak?
Old 09-06-2014, 06:45 AM

Received 97 Likes on 96 Posts

There are a lot of videos on YouTube of the cam phaser noise. Look them up for comparison. If it sounds like a diesel, then there's a good chance that's your problem. Be prepared to replace the entire timing system, or you'll have the same noise come back. Don't be scared to drive it for the short term, but it needs to be fixed as soon as you can. If not, other problems may arise simply because your oil pressure is not as high as it should be.

Search this Thread