Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Please help head unit questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 09:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Please help head unit questions

I found a good deal on a oem Ford touchscreen head unit with gps.

Right now in my 2007 XLT i have the 1 CD AM/FM AUX radio

I need to know what exactly I will need to hook up the touchscreen unit if its even possible.

The unit already comes with the antenna and the maps cd, but it does not have any wires with it.

Please respond before it sells! Thanks All
Old 06-27-2012, 09:44 PM
-brad

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I did the same thing. basically u need the wiring that plugs into the back of the new head unit. the other end of that cluster of wires will be lose. cut off old adapter from preveious sound system. then tie in all the wires accordingly, crimp and heat shrink the connections. u may want to get a wiring diagram for what all the colours mean. do not necessarily attatch blue to blue, green to green. look it up from both ends what the wire is.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brad.fx4
I did the same thing. basically u need the wiring that plugs into the back of the new head unit. the other end of that cluster of wires will be lose. cut off old adapter from preveious sound system. then tie in all the wires accordingly, crimp and heat shrink the connections. u may want to get a wiring diagram for what all the colours mean. do not necessarily attatch blue to blue, green to green. look it up from both ends what the wire is.
Do you remember how much you paid for the wiring harness?? Thanks for the quick reply!

Quick Reply: Please help head unit questions