Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please help

Hello,

I have a dilemma; tomorrow I will be getting new tires (305/65/18) on stock FX4 rims and on Saturday I'm getting my truck leveled. Currently I have a spare tire on the front passenger size (17inch, the rest are 18).

Question is, they can level my truck w/ the spare, but they can not align it w/o all 4 tires matching. The tire shop and the level shop is about 30 miles apart, I don't want to get my truck leveled, then drive back to the tire shop to get my tires and then back to the level shop to get it aligned. The reason I don't wont to align it at the tire shop is because the level shop is doing it for FREE. I was thinking about getting the tires first, but won't they rub or something?

Please help a NOOB out!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Mustang Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06XLT4x4
Hello,

I have a dilemma; tomorrow I will be getting new tires (305/65/18) on stock FX4 rims and on Saturday I'm getting my truck leveled. Currently I have a spare tire on the front passenger size (17inch, the rest are 18).

Question is, they can level my truck w/ the spare, but they can not align it w/o all 4 tires matching. The tire shop and the level shop is about 30 miles apart, I don't want to get my truck leveled, then drive back to the tire shop to get my tires and then back to the level shop to get it aligned. The reason I don't wont to align it at the tire shop is because the level shop is doing it for FREE. I was thinking about getting the tires first, but won't they rub or something?

Please help a NOOB out!

I'm trying to understand correctly. Are you asking if you can run 305/65/18s on a stock height F150 for a couple of days without rubbing? It might be possible if you avoid potholes, curbs, speedbumps and turning the steering full lock. Maybe someone else who has tried it can chime in?
Old 07-29-2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by nineinchnail1024
I'm trying to understand correctly. Are you asking if you can run 305/65/18s on a stock height F150 for a couple of days without rubbing? It might be possible if you avoid potholes, curbs, speedbumps and turning the steering full lock. Maybe someone else who has tried it can chime in?

That's exactly what I'm asking, thanks! Getting the tires today, wish me luck!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 06XLT4x4
That's exactly what I'm asking, thanks! Getting the tires today, wish me luck!!!

Good luck. Take turns slow, and entries into driveways slow as these will be the key points of where you would rub. Post up pics!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by VanoFord
Good luck. Take turns slow, and entries into driveways slow as these will be the key points of where you would rub. Post up pics!
Got the tires now, surprisingly the tires (which I though would rub like crazy) did not rub at all, even at full crank!

Next step is level kit!

Thanks for all of you guys help!