Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Plan on ordering system soon, what should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Plan on ordering system soon, what should I get?

I have an 06 supercrew (4 door ) F150, with 6 disc audio system
My budget is $800 bucks, but I really dont want to spend that much. Now I want to keep the stock head unit. I have the 6 disc XLT. Should i get a new internal amplifier for it or should i get an wxternal and mount it under the passenger seat? If so what amplifier for the 4 door speakers? What speakers should i get for front and rear, and should i get tweeters? I am getting this sub box right here... http://www.supercrewsound.com/shop/detail/11/34.htm the 10inch . What subs and which amplifier should I get? I dont need BIG BIG BIG base, I just want to be able to crank it up load and feel the music. Big base would be nice, but I don't want to have to pay extra. Also Since I'm keeeping the stock head unit, What about an aux input. I dont get how my unit has the Aux button but when I click it it says no aux input found? how do I install one on it? Sorry, I don't know much about systems or F150's at that, I came from a titan family. They are both equally great trucks.

Thanks so much
Cameron

Last edited by Camy1448; 03-18-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:41 PM

Bump.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:27 PM

Default system

Couple things. It seems like you are going to install the system yourself? Which is not hard to do just takes time to make it clean and not a mess of an install. Do you want clean sound or do you want it to be loud? To me it sounds like you want more of a clean sound then loud but you want some loud? Alot of people run products from kicker (most common) but there are alot of good one that i think would be good. Rockford Fosgate, jbl, kicker, alpine are a couple. Those I think are good for the system I think you want. As far as wiring goes for power and getting the singal (hi/lo converter, line driver maybe) to the amps look to spend about $100 for all of that. Then take what you want to spend shop around and build your system.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:35 AM
Ray

the aux button on my truck is for my satellite radio.

also jl makes really good subwoofers.

Last edited by Ray; 03-19-2008 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:00 AM
J_Jones FX4

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Camy1448
I have an 06 supercrew (4 door ) F150, with 6 disc audio system
My budget is $800 bucks, but I really dont want to spend that much. Now I want to keep the stock head unit. I have the 6 disc XLT. Should i get a new internal amplifier for it or should i get an wxternal and mount it under the passenger seat? If so what amplifier for the 4 door speakers? What speakers should i get for front and rear, and should i get tweeters? I am getting this sub box right here... http://www.supercrewsound.com/shop/detail/11/34.htm the 10inch . What subs and which amplifier should I get? I dont need BIG BIG BIG base, I just want to be able to crank it up load and feel the music. Big base would be nice, but I don't want to have to pay extra. Also Since I'm keeeping the stock head unit, What about an aux input. I dont get how my unit has the Aux button but when I click it it says no aux input found? how do I install one on it? Sorry, I don't know much about systems or F150's at that, I came from a titan family. They are both equally great trucks.

Thanks so much
Cameron
Your best bet is to go to your local stereo place and take a listen to what they have. There are many differnet really good subs and speakers out there. It's really all personal preference now-a-days. The aux is for satelite radio but you can buy a pie connector and convert it over to a RC input or a direct connect IPod interface. Search the forum for the pie input convertor.
Hope this helps..
Old 03-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Car Audio FANATIC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if you want somethin moderatel priced you can go with pioneers but to get some good sound throw in some polks (if you want REALLY good sound go with MOMOs). for subs... get some 10" kicker cvr. they sound pretty good and don't blow your doors off. for amps, kicker is really good about underrating their stuff so you get more for your buck. i install them all day long and they are definately good amps and speakers.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:22 AM

id check out power acoustik, their stuff is usually cheaper than the rest and are usually better... i just bought an amp and headunit from them and im very happy with what i got

Trending Topics

Old 03-20-2008, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kicker cvr's or polk momo's would be my first choice, they are quality products and arent too expensive, give a nice thump but wont set off car alarms, unless you get a huge box
Old 03-21-2008, 10:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I currently have a kicker solo baric but they are pricey and require a large amp. I have also used infinity which need a large amp, as well as polk and jl both of these sound great and don't need such a large amp. This is for subs. for my doors i have kicker speakers and in my expedition i have infinity speakers. both are run off of 4 channel amps. and both sound good.

Quick Reply: Plan on ordering system soon, what should I get?