Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Pioneer DVD player

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer DVD player

Does anyone know the hack to bypass the DVD/Nav controls that are locked while in motion? Any help would be great thanks. I did a search and came up with a couple of attempts but from what I am reading online there is a hack that doesn't require a change to add a toggle switch.
I am buying a Pioneer AVIC-F700BT and my kids would like to watch the video while we are driving.
Thanks,
Nordic
Old 01-12-2009, 03:31 PM

I have a Avic-d3 that i installed a year and a half ago and ran into the same problem. Its a gyro sensor inside the unit that detects movement and shuts off the screen. The only fix is the wire in the harness to the back of the unit that powers the sensor. I can't remember the color of the wire but i had to take it out of the slot and put it in a grounded on that doesnt work. I found this out from a pioneer rep that i know. When i find out the color wire i will post it for you.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:54 PM

Thanks for the look, I'll wait for your answer, the unit should be here in a couple of days.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can find it easily at the website http://www.avic411.com

There is a ton of information on the pioneer units hacks etc. The bypass hack is the most popular of all.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:30 PM

That site has a good pic for it and its correct. I couldn't remember because it was so long ago but on mine i had to move the mute wire into an empty pin slot above it and ground off the wire. That site explains it all.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Car Audio FANATIC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

it's complicated but if you're wanting to watch dvds then the 700bt won't work... only does cds.... you gotta buy the 900bt to get the dvds

and use avic411.com for sure for any information about them
Old 01-13-2009, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by iRmARK88
it's complicated but if you're wanting to watch dvds then the 700bt won't work... only does cds.... you gotta buy the 900bt to get the dvds

and use avic411.com for sure for any information about them
Are you sure, the site I got the player from says it has DVD playback, I may have to return it then, I will check the Pioneer website to be sure. thanks
Old 01-13-2009, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by NordicSpawn
Are you sure, the site I got the player from says it has DVD playback, I may have to return it then, I will check the Pioneer website to be sure. thanks
Checked Pioneer and Amazon, and upon further inspection the description says that DVD/Video playback is possible with a usb device or another input source. I may end up sending it back. Thanks for all the help.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pioneers have this nice new thing called a gyroscope, so even when you ground out the brake wire like you used to be able to, it still knows your moving and chooses not to play

there are modules floating around on ebay that SHOULD take care of your problem..its a hit or miss on ebay
Old 01-13-2009, 12:44 PM

I am going to just add at least a 200 GB USB HDD to the unit in the totally useless lower "bin" of the dash that I will customize into a hot swap bay. I will rip my DVD's and all my WMA, mp3, and AAC files onto the drive and just add/delete movies as needed. Thanks for all the info and the help. I will post pics when the unit is in.

Quick Reply: Pioneer DVD player