Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Pioneer Deck No Sound

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 12:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pioneer Deck No Sound

I bought the Pioneer AVH-P8400PH yesterday, I installed the aftermarket wire harness to the pioneer one, plugged it in, plugged in the antenna. When I turn on the truck everything lights up, all functions work, I can set up the bluetooth and everything else. But radio/ipod/cd/phone calls no of them have any sound though the stereo. Anyone had this issue, is there an amp that turns on through the factory deck? Cause I plug the factory deck back in then the stereo works perfectly fine. I have an late model 2004 Lariat. Its crew cab and has the 6CD changer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by Drooool; 12-28-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:29 AM
always dirty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Is your pioneer brand new? do have factory subwoofers ? if you have sub . you got factory amps. answer some of this questions . and we can help you better.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by 4x4angel
Is your pioneer brand new? do have factory subwoofers ? if you have sub . you got factory amps. answer some of this questions . and we can help you better.

yup brand new on boxing day. I believe it did have a factory sub but doesnt anymore. if it has a factory sub are the speakers hooked to the amp too?
Old 12-28-2012, 10:32 AM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

How many plugs does the original deck have? It is had a built in amp on the OEM deck then you might have the wrong aftermarket harness. I ran into this issue before and it ended up being the wrong aftermarket harness. The plug for the OEM amp had to be wired in with the aftermarket in order to make the speakers work. Maybe you can take the OEM deck to the shop where you bought the harness and see if everything matches up. By the way, I installed that system in a 1994 Mustang 5.0 when ford swapped from the old body style to the new body style. It had the BOSE system with the factory amp and had two different plugs to the back of the OEM unit.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by alsatropine
How many plugs does the original deck have? It is had a built in amp on the OEM deck then you might have the wrong aftermarket harness. I ran into this issue before and it ended up being the wrong aftermarket harness. The plug for the OEM amp had to be wired in with the aftermarket in order to make the speakers work. Maybe you can take the OEM deck to the shop where you bought the harness and see if everything matches up. By the way, I installed that system in a 1994 Mustang 5.0 when ford swapped from the old body style to the new body style. It had the BOSE system with the factory amp and had two different plugs to the back of the OEM unit.

Yeah the OEM deck has two plugs in it but if I only plug the main one in the deck and the speakers still work. I feel like the second plug is for the steering wheel controls or something because the harness kit only included the main plug. Anyone know if the factory speakers are run through the amp and what colour the amp signal wire is?

Quick Reply: Pioneer Deck No Sound