Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

pinstripping or ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pinstripping or ????

as you can see my truck is all white.. I want to add some color to it.. the interior is flint. I dont want anything gaudy but dont want just a regular pinstripe. Thought about using a flint colored pinstripe from front to back of bed... but have a break in it on the side of the bed and have FORD in the break in cursive letters. i am also going to get the chrome H bar grille and have the surround, bumper and piece above bumper done in white. I found a place online where i can get bumper for 256 then whatever it cost to have it painted but at least this will also give me the foglights. I want a lower valance like this, or is this a bumper with out a valance?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:04 PM
J_Jones FX4

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what are you gonna do with your existing grill. I have the Stock H bar if your interested. It can be painted white... It will look gooood, I promise.. I think you should trade me!!

PM me..
Old 04-10-2008, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by ukjonese
what are you gonna do with your existing grill. I have the Stock H bar if your interested. It can be painted white... It will look gooood, I promise.. I think you should trade me!!

PM me..
my grill is an H bar grill... you just cant tell cause of the angle of the pic..
Old 04-10-2008, 09:10 PM

i pretty much would like feedback/ideas as to what could be done. I went to the paint shop today and they want 600 bucks to paint surround, bumper and piece above bumper. I will be trying this my self...
Old 04-10-2008, 09:25 PM

I don't know about pinstriping... The only pinstriping I like is on cars painted flat black with some old school pinstripping.

I would paint the top half of the truck black... with the tinted windows it will look really clean. Oh and paint the bumper white if your gonna do that.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt Diggler
I don't know about pinstriping... The only pinstriping I like is on cars painted flat black with some old school pinstripping.

I would paint the top half of the truck black... with the tinted windows it will look really clean. Oh and paint the bumper white if your gonna do that.
WTF?????
Old 04-11-2008, 01:56 AM

Pinstriping like you see most commonly on hot rods...

And this is sort of what I meant for a paintjob...

Old 04-11-2008, 10:31 AM

ic.... that would definitely set it apart... have never seen an f150 with paint scheme like that... that bring out a whole new array of ideals
Old 04-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Driver carries no money.

Lightbulb Couple more ideas for you

Here is a scheme you could consider. While I'm not a fan of the body molding you could paint the hood that way and put a black stripe down the side.

Or you could go with the Foose look. Only reverse the colors http://www.autoblog.com/photos/ford-...foose-edition/

With both of these looks you could keep your black grille unless you just got to have it chrome.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:47 PM
J_Jones FX4

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iluvmyford
my grill is an H bar grill... you just cant tell cause of the angle of the pic..
ahh got ya. I thought the pic on the bottom was the pic of your truck with new mods..

Quick Reply: pinstripping or ????