Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Pedal Mod for WOT?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pedal Mod for WOT?

Ive been seeing some people mentioned some of their F-150s (04-08) not showing 100% throttle at the pedal. Most Average around slightly above 80%. I hooked my scan tool upto my truck and noticed with my foot to the floor going down the road it only reads 76%? Pretty much a quarter of throttle missing their! My truck has seemed right down on power so I attempted (and failed) the pedal mod of loosening to 2 bottom bolts of the sensor and pushing it forward. I read other threads where this "really woke" their truck up! My truck is an 04 SuperCrew Lariat. My truck has the adjustable pedals and I fear this may be the issue preventing me from being able to do the mod. Are there any other free work arounds? Upon loosening the 2 bottom bolts to let the assembly sorta swing, mine only moved about 1mm. Not much play at all compared to others that ive heard of. Also the sensor itself doesnt just move, the entire gas pedal assembly does! Has anyone else been able to get their truck (with adjustable pedals) to read 100%? Upon wiggling the whole assembly there is absolutely 0 change in the throttle percentage.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you can try the following:

- Insert key and turn to on position without starting.
- slowly but steady press the throttle to the floor
- rapidly remove foot from throttle and turn off car
- repeat 2-3 times

I don't have any experience with the mod you stated with removing the bottom bolts on the sensor.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:17 PM

Ive tried the re-learn already, still only reported the 76% the mod is suppose to allow you to adjust the pedal position sensor so it will report 100% when you have the pedal to the floor and thus open the throttle body 100% of the way.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:00 AM

This comment on this post, other posted afterwards saying it does indeed work. But they dont mention if they have adjustable pedals. I do and I believe this is preventing me from doing this mod. I hope to soon pull the pedal assembly off (mine seems a bit more like whats in the 05+ mustangs) so I wonder if I can alter the contacts on the inside of the pedal position sensor like others have done on 05+ mustangs?

"I got mine to 108%. Wide open throttle started being displayed at around 89% and I still had throttle left. On the floor, the pid reads 108%.
I took the assembly out to try the mustang mod, saw that it's a different system on the F150, so had to put it back in after doing nothing. But when I went to reinstall, I saw that the 2 bottom mounting holes are oblonged just a little. I put in the top bolt, and I held the the bottom of the pedal assembly as far forward as possible,and tightened the bottom bolts. turned the key on, waited for the lights and did the reset. Like I said it went from a top reading of 87% to 108%, and the difference from a dead stop take off now is amazing."

https://www.f150forum.com/f4/04-f150-...-10957/index3/

Quick Reply: Pedal Mod for WOT?