Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

pats antennna ring won't seat properly

Old 07-06-2014, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pats antennna ring won't seat properly

I have an 06 scab xlt with a dealer installed command start system. I believe it's a codealarm brand remote starter.

Anyway, my problem is that the pats ring around the ignition column does not want to stay in one place for any length of time. It needs to be just perfect in order for the remote start to work, but as soon as I get it placed just right to work, it pops out of place.

Any body know what I need to do to make that thing stay put? I was considering crafting glue but that might just make a mess...
Old 07-06-2014, 11:33 PM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by skelectrician
I have an 06 scab xlt with a dealer installed command start system. I believe it's a codealarm brand remote starter. Anyway, my problem is that the pats ring around the ignition column does not want to stay in one place for any length of time. It needs to be just perfect in order for the remote start to work, but as soon as I get it placed just right to work, it pops out of place. Any body know what I need to do to make that thing stay put? I was considering crafting glue but that might just make a mess...
A little super glue should work.... Mine had really thin 3m tape. Another option... The double sided tape they sale with the plastic window coverings for winter drafts .... Super thin and sticky.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: pats antennna ring won't seat properly